Catherine Tate accused of racism Page 2

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ December 29, 2007, 1:11 PM

But then again, should we be surprised? This is the Britain we live in. You can’t say or do anything without being branded a racist. Soon, even saying that you don’t like Indian food, or you don’t enjoy African music..etc.. is going to be an arrestable offense.

sure... give me a bell when that happens. What actual laws are there currently, or any existing evidence, that lead you to your indignant prophecy? You're stretching your own surmise to its logical conclusion. Could you and all other daily mail readers abandon your ludicrous agenda that somehow the world is going to hell in a P.C. handcart with buckets of cold water prepared and 'RACIST' brands toasted? It's tiresome.

I think the bbc are not worried about it.

I can understand why the people of Northern Ireland find it racist, as they're probably a bit sensitive of the stress of making all those bombs...

...Now that was racist.

Quote: Retinend @ December 29, 2007, 5:12 PM

sure... give me a bell when that happens. What actual laws are there currently, or any existing evidence, that lead you to your indignant prophecy? You're stretching your own surmise to its logical conclusion. Could you and all other daily mail readers abandon your ludicrous agenda that somehow the world is going to hell in a P.C. handcart with buckets of cold water prepared and 'RACIST' brands toasted? It's tiresome.

Looks like Retinend has been reading the Thesaurus today.

Pirate

Quote: Charles E. Lawley @ December 29, 2007, 5:21 PM

I can understand why the people of Northern Ireland find it racist, as they're probably a bit sensitive of the stress of making all those bombs...

...Now that was racist.

It can't be racist because believe it or not they are the same race as us. Nationalist-ist maybe.

In Sociology it's a matter of opinion. It's definately ethnicist, but it could be argued there are biological differences between the people of Northern Ireland and England.

Quote: jake how @ December 29, 2007, 2:46 PM

Northern Irish.

And liberal scum wonder why they are hated. Of course they don't mind being 'racist' towards those English Bastards, particularly if, er, they seem to be in England.

lol

Quote: Charles E. Lawley @ December 29, 2007, 6:45 PM

In Sociology it's a matter of opinion. It's definately ethnicist, but it could be argued there are biological differences between the people of Northern Ireland and England.

F*ck sociology - this is supposed to be a comedy site!

i didn't think it was racist, but i did think she was asking for trouble.
the joke seemed to me to be that people in northern ireland are terrorists and give each other terrorist related things as gifts at christmas.
if the joke had been about religion they would have got religious themed things.
also, it wasn't funny.

Quote: johnny roulette @ December 29, 2007, 9:34 PM

it wasn't funny.

What do you expect? This is Catherine Tate we're talking about.

Who's complained about Racism? Damn ******* I suppose.

It's not racism.

End.

Or is it?

Screw Catherine Tate. I'm going to watch 'Mind your Language'. Best racist comedy ever. Pirate

Not that it's actually racist, of course.