Mock The Week - Series 10

The next series will begin in June, but as with the last series Russell Howard will not appear in the first half because he has other TV commitments (and not due to him planning to cycle for a whole year for charity).

MTW seriously jumped the shark when Frankie left.

They need to get some better talent involved this time around, because the last series was weak, weak, weak.

*Sets off a tiny firework; but it fails to go off as it was all damp*

Quote: Ian Wolf @ May 19 2011, 11:34 AM BST

The next series will begin in June, but as with the last series Russell Howard will not appear in the first half because he has other TV commitments (and not due to him planning to cycle for a whole year for charity).

Laughing out loud

Book Milton Jones every week.

Quote: TopBanana @ May 19 2011, 4:58 PM BST

Forget to book Andy Parsons every week.

Stewart Francis. Needs more Stewart Francis.

Quote: TopBanana @ May 19 2011, 4:58 PM BST

Just cancel MTW for good and give Jones his own show.

Quit flogging a dead horse.

Yeah, what's the point of continuing the Frankie Boyle Show now he's long since left.

Not watched it since I tuned in and saw Patrick Kielty sat there on the panel.

Pfffffffffft

ffs!

No thanks

In fairness it is a good format, they just need some good comedians to make it work.

Friends went to a recording during the last series. They loved it, saying it was fantastic, extremely funny etc.

After seeing the episode concerned they were shocked at how many of the best (if a bit rude) jokes of the recording had been cut and how lame that show ended up. Yes, they do have approximately 3 hours of material to cut down to a 1/2 hour show, but it is adult comedy.

The BBC need to stop being so concerned with what the likes of the Daily Mail are going to be supposedly outraged about.

Put it on at 10 pm, remind people at the start of the adult content and get the show back to being funny.

I actually went to a recording of an episode from the last series with my parents, aunt and cousin, and it put me off the rest of the series, though I still watch old episodes on YouTube.

Quote: His Own Devices @ May 20 2011, 1:48 PM BST

I actually went to a recording of an episode from the last series with my parents, aunt and cousin, and it put me off the rest of the series, though I still watch old episodes on YouTube.

What was off putting?

For starters Russell wasn't there, and secondly it clearly wasn't as much improvised as people think. Also it was 4 hours long, and none of the really good stuff ended up in the final cut.