How long have you been writing for? Page 2

was writer of a humorous unofficial school mag back in mid 80's.
Since that, I have wrote for the past 6 weeks.

I used to write episodes of the Professionals when I should have been revising for 'O' levels. Eeek, that's a long time ago. Then I wrote some rubbish comedy/drama TV and hopeless novels. I went to University a decade ago to study scriptwriting and hardly wrote anything when I was there (enjoyed the student bar.) Had very minor success after Uni in a BBC drama competition, got paid (woohoo!) for the development of a film script about crisps, worked as a hack adapting a film maker's mum's self published novel. Had a kid and a full time job and didn't write anything very much for years. Wrote a personal blog which my boss read, then my dull support email writing job got slightly more interesting when I got to live blog at poker tournaments. Now I'm taking a break from work to look after my baby, and a couple of months ago decided to write sitcoms and sketches. And here I am now writing a forum post. Hmmm.

Quote: TootingJo @ December 27, 2007, 10:43 AM

I used to write episodes of the Professionals when I should have been revising for 'O' levels.

You mean they actually used them? Wow!

Or do you mean you made some up for your own enjoyment?

i've been writing a sitcom for a few years now. I can't really give an exact number, because my style of writing is so erratic. I rarely sit at a desk to work on it. It's more a case of me going about my life, and writing ideas down when they pop into my head. Anyway, I'm almost finished now, so I will be having a big typing session on my laptop some day soon.

Quote: David Chapman @ December 27, 2007, 3:25 PM

You mean they actually used them? Wow!

Or do you mean you made some up for your own enjoyment?

I made them up for fun! They were rubbish! I didn't get good exam results.
Whistling nnocently

Dig them out and send them to Life on Mars Jo.

I was very very very lucky. I had my first two sketches performed by the Newsrevue team three years ago. You would think from that it would have been champagne and strawberries or at least a pint of beer and a pie but like most here I've had sporadic success [with sketches in my case] but nothing major. :S

I've been writing comedy for just over a year now, with my first success in September selling two sketches to The Newsrevue and then having one of them re-run on the Xmas show.

Originally started off writing Tarantino-inspired gangster plop, but err grew up? Kind of?

Always loved creative writing though, since I was a little kid, reading Ronald Dahl.