Panel show trial - opinionated audience required

Hi All,

Marc Blakewill and I are developing a panel show with the Beeb and we're at the read-through stage at the moment - testing out the rounds, etc. As such, we're going to be running it in a pub in Kensal Green this coming Wednesday afternoon (27/04/11), with, like, comedians on the teams and everything...

If one or two of you writerly peeps happen to be free (from about 2:30-5pm) and Kensal Green is on your local radar, perhaps you'd fancy coming along: have a beer, have a watch and give us your thoughts? It would be great to get some feedback.

If you're up for it, drop me a line on james@blakewillandharris.com and I'll give you more details.

Cheers,

James

I can see why no-one's replied - you want 'opinionated' people?? Go on - sling yer hook! Nothing but fair, objective, constructive types round here!

just kidding, I'm surprised your hand hasn't been bitten off ;-)

You're quite right. What was I thinking?! :D

Quote: Frantically @ April 25 2011, 11:26 PM BST

I can see why no-one's replied -

Maybe the words 'panel show' put everybody into a coma.

Do you know who the comedians are going to be? If they're remotely well known that might get more people to come?

It sounds quite fun to me, but I'm nowhere near Kensal Green at the moment.

Quote: zooo @ April 26 2011, 2:42 PM BST

It sounds quite fun to me, but I'm nowhere near Kensal Green at the moment.

Where are you?

Mornington Crescent.

Sorry, wrong game.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 26 2011, 2:48 PM BST

Sorry, wrong game.

Story of your life, Lucas.

Am currently at my mummy and daddy's house in the countrycide.

Please do not come here and murder me while I sleep. (Or otherwise.)

Quote: chipolata @ April 26 2011, 2:52 PM BST

Story of your life, Lucas.

I just can't play the game. This cruel, game of life.

Quote: zooo @ April 26 2011, 2:59 PM BST

Am currently at my mummy and daddy's house in the countrycide.

Please do not come here and murder me while I sleep. (Or otherwise.)

Rightyho.

*sharpens axe, while Chip prepares the gimp masks.*

Quote: zooo @ April 26 2011, 2:42 PM BST

Do you know who the comedians are going to be? If they're remotely well known that might get more people to come?

Yeah, I could sell it on that, but it's not really what this run-through is about. I guess we're after people who want to offer an opinion or a critique rather than those who want to see a certain comedian or whatever.

Also, and this is the reason I put it on this part of the forum, it's potentially a good opportunity for writers to gain an insight into how things like this get developed (something we're going to be learning tomorrow as well). Sure, panel shows might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's the process that I'm thinking might be of interest.

Wanted to say I popped along yesterday and it was interesting to see something like this at an early stage. The few other people who were there, including Marc and James, were all very friendly so wanted to recommend it if a chance like this pops up again.

Just a shame I had to leave sharpish at the end to get back to work!

Thanks a lot for coming, Stephen. And to Stuart too. It was really good of you both to give us your time.

Cheers,

James

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 26 2011, 3:01 PM BST

I just can't play the game. This cruel, game of life. Rightyho. *sharpens axe, while Chip prepares the gimp masks.*

Have you ever worn a gimp mask, John? I'm told they're very uncomfortable.

Quote: chipolata @ April 28 2011, 12:59 PM BST

Have you ever worn a gimp mask, John? I'm told they're very uncomfortable.

I did make one on an evening out a few weeks ago. I made it out of cardboard and I also done some manacles.