My Hero on the BBC

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I think that My Hero was very funny and it had great lines, shame there is not going to be a new series but I am glad UKTV Gold show it. I think Geraldine McNulty had most of the jokes and sometimes I would cry with laughter.

It was ok in the first few series, but then it started getting a little tired.

Hugh Dennis is great though.

As you probably saw from the 'Best and Worst' thread, this was not a favourite of mine. Only saw the first episode and that was it for me. Surprised it has run as long as it has done. Sorry!

I think the series was good up to series 5, after series 6 it went downhill.

It is true that bewitched is being re-made ?

God this show was crap. And even worse later on when there was that baby with the creepy talking mouth effect.

Yeah that was weird.

I couldn't accept the style of filming although maybe it was necessary for special effects. I much prefer video for indoor stuff.

Jake, yes, that is apparently true.

I liked it. Gereldine McNulty(Mrs.Raven) and Phillip Whitchurch(Tyler) are funny as hell. I liked the talking baby until he had a sister. Overall it was pretty funny.

Here is a link, which has information about the programme http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/myhero/

My Hero is one of my all time favourite comedies and it only went downhill when James Dreyfuss took over.

Quote: Richard Wells @ December 20, 2007, 1:01 PM

My Hero is one of my all time favourite comedies and it only went downhill when James Dreyfuss took over.

I agree, the BBC even said so their self.

Quote: jake how @ December 20, 2007, 2:18 PM

I agree, the BBC even said so their self.

Yea and don't get me wrong as I loved James Dreyfuss in Gimme, Gimme, Gimme but he didn't suit My Hero at all.

Plus I think Ardal O'Hanlon had done such a great job in the role that nobody could ever replace him as the BBC found out.

James Dreyfuss was good in Gimme, Gimme, Gimme.

It was a load of shite