The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 106

Quote: Griff @ April 13 2011, 10:52 PM BST

Right... sent the second one in... see if I can finish the third one tonight and polish tomorrow...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who hasn't quite finished the third script yet. My third script is sort of finished but the end needs a rewrite.

If only I didn't have to go to that pesky 'work' tomorrow. Damn you employment!

I'm not getting it. Declan says the 8 will be announced by Saturday, how can he read all the 2nd/3rd episodes by then if you haven't even finished them?

The announcement has been moved to Tuesday, I think.

Declan has posted the new day in the last few pages.

EDIT: Here you go, from the last page...

Quote: Declan @ April 12 2011, 8:10 PM BST

Hi Ciaran

It's in the rules that we were going to release the details of the last eight on Saturday, but we're going to take our time over such an important decision, so we'll be posting them next Tuesday instead.

So you're not a fool after all.

Quote: bushbaby @ April 13 2011, 11:27 PM BST

I'm not getting it. Declan says the 8 will be announced by Saturday, how can he read all the 2nd/3rd episodes by then if you haven't even finished them?

Well, even if the deadline hadn't been extended, that's not massively implausible - if no one had sent in any follow up episodes at all, that's still, what 16 hours of material? Two eight hour days, if not less - as scripts as usually quicker to read than perform - of reading.

If some have come in already, even more of a doddle.

Oh, yes

This is it! I am attaching the two episodes and sending them off on their merry way. Good luck everyone. Rich.

I've just sent mine off too. *struggles to find appropriate emoticon but fails* Sort of this one but more queasy: Errr

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Now all I have to do is try not to be the first one to ask what time on Tuesday the announcement will be.

Quote: Ennie @ April 14 2011, 1:21 PM BST

I've just sent mine off too. *struggles to find appropriate emoticon but fails* Sort of this one but more queasy: Errr

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Now all I have to do is try not to be the first one to ask what time on Tuesday the announcement will be.

What time on Tuesday will the announcement be? (There. Done it for all of you)

Good luck to you all

Quote: KLRiley @ April 14 2011, 1:33 PM BST

What time on Tuesday will the announcement be? (There. Done it for all of you)

:D

Hi all

We'll probably be announcing the eight showcased entries mid-afternoon on Tuesday. Simon, Hat Trick and I will be reading them over the next few days and we'll be conflabbing on Tuesday morning.

Which means you can all have a nice, peaceful, relaxing weekend.

Cheers, Dec

PS There's slots left for our sitcom reading service on April 23, details here:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/workshops/4/

Quote: Declan @ April 14 2011, 1:59 PM BST

Hi all

We'll probably be announcing the eight showcased entries mid-afternoon on Tuesday. Simon, Hat Trick and I will be reading them over the next few days and we'll be conflabbing on Tuesday morning.

Which means you can all have a nice, peaceful, relaxing weekend.

Cheers, Dec

PS There's slots left for our sitcom reading service on April 23, details here:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/workshops/4/

Sorry Declan. And Simon. And Hat Trick. :)

Well done Griff! Hope everyone else made it. Doubt we'll be getting much sleep between now and Tuesday... Errr

Everyone welcome round mine for celebratory tea and custard creams.

Phew! There we go. All sent with a mighty 4 minutes to spare.

Quote: mightywombat @ April 14 2011, 11:35 PM BST

Doubt we'll be getting much sleep between now and Tuesday... Errr

Are you joking? My work is done now! No point worrying about it any more, I can sit back and relax. The pressure's on Declan and Simon and the Hat Trick bods to pick the best entries.

Declan or Simon - Can you confirm you got my second script? I sent the first one at 19:00 and got an e-mail receipt for that, but I didn't get an e-mail receipt for the second one.

Looks like mightywombat might be right after all! :)