The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 104

<cue Radiohead>
I wish I was special...
Sofa King special...

yada yada yada <gunshot>

Dan

Sofa King What?

Laughing out loud

Who's going to the festival? Anybody going to the networking event on Friday?

I'm at the festival. But not the Friday night.

Dan

Quote: Griff @ March 24 2011, 10:05 PM BST

I'm honestly not intending to diss you or your script, if it comes across that way I apologise. As I said earlier, the fish finger helmet makes me laugh everytime someone brings it up, it's brilliant. That why I've picked up on it in the thread and referenced it a few times. If it was something unfunny and rubbish I wouldn't have. On reflection, it probably would annoy me if someone made a running gag out of something in a script I'd written, so I'll stop.

ah right sorry it sounded more like you were taking the piss or saying it was the worst script or whatever (which it may well have been), was probably in a bad mood at the time anyways wooooops. I don't mind criticism/pisstaking usually but when people keep repeating it it gets annoying + hard to tell where people are coming from

Quote: chipolata @ March 24 2011, 10:18 PM BST

Simon and Declan were unprofessional in revealing specific details of scripts and exposing their writers to ridicule. I would have been furious if anything I'd entered in the competition was revealed on a public forum without my consent. I made a jokey point about them doing this on the night of the results but alas the point was missed.

if this was about the bit above nah they werent being unprofessional I asked them on this forum, so its fair game I reckon. some other bits of peoples scripts got mentioned maybe tho? Anyways im gonna take my fish finger helmet and give it a stern lecture about talking to strangers :-D

Quote: Griff @ April 8 2011, 10:46 AM BST

Cheers alabastercodify :)

How are you other 31 longlisters doing? Less than a week to closing date. I've got the second episode just about written and am halfway through the third one. It's sheer murder.

Did any of you actually write your additional episodes in advance, so have just spent the last three weeks smugly tweaking your jokes and throwing in new quips as you think of them?

They are nearly ready to go but I've read them so many times that what was funny, isn't. And what shouldn't be funny, now is. Migraines ahoy.

Second episode in the can, hacking away at the third!

We had a list of ideas before we wrote our 'first' episode, to confirm to ourselves the idea 'had legs', but in the end ep 2 and 3 have been new ideas we came up with as we went along.

Our first episode wasn't 'episode 1' of the series, if that makes sense, but interestingly I suspect our third episode would be our 'series finale'.

I've done the two episodes and am just wondering how much to mess with them at the moment. It was quite fun to write them though - can I suggest Scrivener? It's bloody brilliant!

I didn't have anything ready in advance. I entered the competition twice - I had stuff planned for the one that didn't get through!

I've got a stronger sense of my characters and the dynamic between them now, and there are things that I would have done differently in the episode I entered. Is anyone else finding this?

Just putting the finishing touches to my two episodes.

Episode two is in 'the bag', then I wrote episode three, re-read episode three and didn't like it at all, so I've put it into another bag which I dropped into a nearby fast-flowing river.

I am now working on an entirely different episode three.

Did any of you actually write your additional episodes in advance, so have just spent the last three weeks smugly tweaking your jokes and throwing in new quips as you think of them?

If only Griff. If only.

Cheers alabastercodify :)

I did but didn't get short listed. Does anyone want to buy three episodes of a sitcom? :D

Mine are done. I wrote them last week, messed around with them for a few days then sent them off. Even if we get through, there's every chance they'll have to be re-written when Simon and Dec decide what they want on stage. Just keeping my fingers crossed now.

That's it - it's in Section 9 of the rules: "The eight entries chosen to be showcased will each be assigned a script editor, director and actors by the producers."

Good luck all you lot.

Quote: mightywombat @ April 10 2011, 8:24 PM BST

That's it - it's in Section 9 of the rules: "The eight entries chosen to be showcased will each be assigned a script editor, director and actors by the producers."

Lucky f**kers