How Not To Behave As An Author

Good Lord. You'll be pleased to know the author is EXACTLY as you'd imagined (see video):

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/21046

Oh my... that is painful to read.

Someone is going to need a pseudonym...

I just read the whole thing. I LOVE reading other peoples' arguments. Might try to watch the vid too.

OH MY GOD.

Fantastic (if painful) stuff.

That was quite something. I think the highlight of her response was the very well constructed phrase' 'F##k off'.

Brilliant.

And she repeated it!

I'm glad she stopped posting though (also slightly sad). But it was the best move.

The description of her book from Amazon was just smashing!

My favourite bit was when they posted this excerpt:

"Don and Katy watched hypnotically Gino place more coffees out at another table with supreme balance."

And she replied saying she could see nothing wrong with it!
Exemplary.

:D

Hysterical. And you can take that to apply to whatever seems appropriate.
I still can not believe that English is her first language. The written style screams that it is someone who is not fluent, for example the mangled syntax. And hearing her read it ... incredible.

I could only watch the beginning of the video. Were there jewels within?

Quote: Griff @ March 29 2011, 7:06 PM BST

Let's give her the benefit of the doubt.

'hypnotically Gino' might been have the character's name. Like Super Hans.

In which case the sentence is grammatical. (Although still rubbish. And I am not convinced by "place more coffees out").

Bad move arguing with Griff but if it was his name then hypnotically should have been given a H. However, seeing her many other errors it's likely she's not familiar with the concept of capitals for proper names.

Quote: zooo @ March 29 2011, 7:20 PM BST

I could only watch the beginning of the video. Were there jewels within?

I lasted 52 seconds zooo. I couldn't take anymore. She started to do accents.

What a nightmare.
Isn't it bizarre that - now we've got the technology to change the way books are distributed - the biggest barrier to self-publishing is actually the people who want to do it.
There are some really cogent arguements for side-stepping the 'analogue' world of publishing and going the indy e-route(40%+ royalties, low-price point for the consumer, more trees left standing etc)
But it will always be regarded as vanity publishing while twats like this can publish.
Can't imagine how its going to get solved.

It's one thing to stick self recorded music on the internet, people will listen, but I can't imagine who would want to read a self published book by someone they don't know.

Cos it might be good, I suppose! And they like the sound of the description.
And they are usually extremely cheap (99 cents, sometimes).

I wouldn't personally pay for or read one, unless it was by or recommended by someone I knew and trusted to be a decent writer.