New fix needed.

I know this is the TBCG but can anyone recommend a good U.S Sitcom which never made it / is yet to make it to broadcast over here? Or maybe one stuck on some obscure digital channel. Cheers.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Slow start, picks up in Season 2.

Also Parks and Recreation. I don't think either of them have been shown here, but I couldn't be wrong. They certainly don't seem to be on an E4/Paramount Comedy style loop.

I was going to suggest those two.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has been shown here. I think the old Virgin 1 had it for a while.

I've been loving Raising Hope, although I believe they have it on Sky1 so perhaps you've seen it.

Quote: Aaron @ March 28 2011, 3:45 PM BST

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has been shown here. I think the old Virgin 1 had it for a while.

I've been loving Raising Hope, although I believe they have it on Sky1 so perhaps you've seen it.

I'd completely forgotten about Virgin 1!

Raising Hope is excellent, and I must admit I also like Cougar Town (which I think has been shown over her, but not with the promotion that Modern Family got.) It's a much better show than the name would suggest.

The League... I'd assume with the premise of the show being centered around a Fantasy Football League (American) that it hasn't got aired in the UK. Don't let that put you off; you don't need any real knowledge of football to appreciate the humour.

This past year every episode of The League (series 2) was funnier than it's lead in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (series 6).

I've not heard of The League, I'll give that one a try myself, thanks.

Thanks guys. I'm just catching up with Raising Hope. Haven't seen any of the others mentioned so I'll definitely give them a go. Cheers again.

Quote: MTpromises @ March 28 2011, 9:56 PM BST

This past year every episode of The League (series 2) was funnier than it's lead in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (series 6).

That's quite a review, I shall be investigating further :)

It's not American, but I'm really enjoying the Aussie sitcom, The Jesters. It's now airing its second series. Mick Molloy stars as aging comedian Dave Davies who is executive producing a topical satire program starring four younger comedians.

It's behind the scenes and whatever comedy they present for the show is generally awful, which I hope is part of the joke. The best parts are when Davies has lunch with his agent, played by Deborah Kennedy. She is calm and knowing and plays against the crassness of Molloy's character perfectly. Oh, and I'm in love with Emily Taheny.

http://mnc.tv/jesters-cast

Aussie sitcom eh? Ok, nothing to lose I suppose.

Quote: MTpromises @ March 28 2011, 9:56 PM BST

The League... I'd assume with the premise of the show being centered around a Fantasy Football League (American) that it hasn't got aired in the UK. Don't let that put you off; you don't need any real knowledge of football to appreciate the humour.

I've finally got round to watching this, and I have to agree, it's fantastic. Thanks for the tip.

Better Off Ted.
Community doesn't seem to be on much over here.