Shuffles up to mic nervously...

*takes crumpled piece of paper out of pocket and opens it with sweaty hands*

*mumbles an introduction"

Hello all, new to these forums, and found them by way of a Google search on the BBC Laughing Stock competition. Entered a script with a friend. It was the first thing we'd ever written together, and was knocked up in the few weeks leading up to the deadline, via e-mail (we live at opposite ends of the country). Now, having made the final sift, I'm beginning to panic that it's only a matter of time until we're found out and expelled for being a pair of shiftless chancers.

Hoping to get some good tips on how to approach the very serious business of writing comedy. Have already seen some good ideas while lurking, and some very funny writing that sort of puts our own to shame.

So... yeah... hi!

Tell us a joke!

Good morning, you shiftless chancer.

And yeah, tell us all your best jokes, pronto!

Gid day :)

Howdy. Good luck with your Laughing Stock entry.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 22 2011, 11:49 AM GMT

Tell us a joke!

"Is is this thing on?"

*taps microphone*

*squeal of feedback*

"I went to the doctor the other day. I said 'doctor, doctor! I feel like a pair of curtains' and the doctor said 'Mr Smith, we've discussed this and if you continue wasting my time I WILL involve the police' "

*tumbleweed*

Hey there Mr! Wave

Hello there. Welcome to the site.

Howdy.

Hey Mr Krinkle. Well done for getting through. Wish you well with it. Wave

HI!

Hi there.

Congrats on getting through - keep us posted.

Quote: Fat Jedi Comedy @ March 23 2011, 11:01 PM GMT

Hi there.

Congrats on getting through - keep us posted.

I'll be sure to!

All that's happened so far is I got an email to say it had reached the next round and would be read by the 3 judges. I'm sure they'll see through our act and kick us out sooner or later.

I'll keep checking my emails religiously until then though...