2012 an' all that Page 3

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 22 2011, 8:00 PM GMT

Most military campaigns these days tend to not end brilliantly, it seems.

We spent a fortune enforcing a no-fly zone in Iraq for 12 freaking years and still found ourselves in a ground war to enforce multiple UN resolutions. Hopefully this story will have a better ending.

Quote: DaButt @ March 22 2011, 8:10 PM GMT

We spent a fortune enforcing a no-fly zone in Iraq for 12 freaking years and still found ourselves in a ground war to enforce multiple UN resolutions.

Are you rewriting history now, DaButt, to blame the UN for the Iraq War?

Hey Chip, I've just noticed the David Icke quote. Now he's one person who has probably got a lot of things to say about 2012!

Quote: chipolata @ March 22 2011, 9:12 PM GMT

Are you rewriting history now, DaButt, to blame the UN for the Iraq War?

More correctly, you seem to have forgotten the history.

Quote: DaButt @ March 22 2011, 1:42 PM GMT

We don't know anything about them or what Libya would look like without Gadaffi. Perhaps an ungoverned mess like Somalia or an Islamist haven? Nobody knows.

Better the devil you know, eh?

Quote: chipolata @ March 22 2011, 6:31 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

We should rename you DaFoxNews.

Nope, because Fox News has been insinuating that Obama's support for the bombing of Gaddafi's forces is tantamount to him joining Al Qaeda.

Quote: DaButt @ March 22 2011, 7:50 PM GMT

Them's cold, hard facts

I'm not entirely sure they are.

2012 - what a load of shite. If the Maya were that clever they wouldn't have died out. Splitters!

Anywho I've said it before and I'll say it again- The Mayans did NOT predict the end of the world in 2012. It's not even the case that the calendar 'finishes' on dec 21st 2012 like people think. Their calender cycles, and starts over from day 1.

There are so many batshit mental end of the world predictions. More than ever for 2012.

Quote: catskillz @ March 21 2011, 11:56 PM GMT

Some people are even saying the Hadron Collider is a giant magnet that's been built to try and stop it from happening.

People who watched that Jodie Foster astronomy documentary?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 23 2011, 10:47 AM GMT

There are so many batshit mental end of the world predictions. More than ever for 2012.

This is the first I've heard of it for 2012. Could be a good omen to finally buy that heavilly discounted Buck Rogers DVD set. Not that I'd buy a DVD set solely because it was dirt cheap and then chuck it in the back of the cupboard and never watch it. Plenty of time till Armageddon.

Quote: catskillz @ March 22 2011, 9:37 PM GMT

Hey Chip, I've just noticed the David Icke quote. Now he's one person who has probably got a lot of things to say about 2012!

Join his forum and sign up for his excellent newsletter and have his wisdom delivered straight to your inbox.

Quote: DaButt @ March 22 2011, 9:41 PM GMT

More correctly, you seem to have forgotten the history.

I thought it was faulty intelligence about WMD's.

Quote: DaButt @ March 22 2011, 8:10 PM GMT

We spent a fortune enforcing a no-fly zone in Iraq for 12 freaking years and still found ourselves in a ground war to enforce multiple UN resolutions.

Yes the UN practically begged us to invade Iraq, what with all those WMDs and shit.

Wasn't something to do with Saddam's facial hair?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 23 2011, 10:47 AM GMT

Even worse than the end of the world (if it does happen), we've got the feckin' Olympics.

Wonder if they'd bring the end of the world forward a bit?

Say half way through the opening ceremony.

Angry

The olympics are just so gay!!! The disgusting thought of Colin Jackson squirming about on the studio seats for two weeks, and having to look at muscular, overly fit young men in tight lycra shorts and singlets, moving like wild stallions in their heroic quest for glory, all glistening with perspiration every day...uh...uh...erheeeuurhh :$