Dead prostitute sketch

A customer enters a knocking shop.

Mr. Praline: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner does not respond.)

Mr. Praline: 'Ello, tart?

Owner: What do you mean "tart"?

Mr. Praline: I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

Owner: We're closin' for crack.

Mr. Praline: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this whore what I hired not half an hour ago from this very brothel.

Owner: Oh yes, the, uh, the Norwegian Blond...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

Mr. Praline: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'She's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Owner: No, no, 'she's uh,...he's resting.

Mr. Praline: Look, matey, I know a dead hooker when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Owner: No no she's not dead, she's, she's restin'! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blond, idn'it, ay? Beautiful plumage!

Mr. Praline: The plumage don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Owner: Nononono, no, no! 'shE's resting!

Mr. Praline: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake her up! (slapping her around) 'oi you facking slag Billie blowjob! I've got a lovely fresh syringe for you if you
show...

(owner slaps the corpse)

Owner: There, she moved!

Mr. Praline: No, he didn't, that was you pimp slapping her!

Owner: I never!!

Mr. Praline: Yes, you did!

Owner: I never, never did anything...

Mr. Praline: (yelling and hitting the corpse repeatedly) 'ELLO POLLY!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is social services taking your kids!

(slams corpses head on the counter. it slumps to the floor.)

Mr. Praline: Now that's what I call a dead hooker

Owner: No, no.....No, she's stunned!

Mr. Praline: STUNNED?!?

Owner: Yeah! You stunned her just as she was wakin' up! Norwegian Blonds stun easily, major.

Mr. Praline: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That hooker is definitely deceased, and when I rented 'er not 'alf an hour
ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to 'er bein' tired and thoroughly shagged by a party of Japanese tourists.

Owner: Well, she's...she's, ah...probably pining for Bulgaria she was trafficked

Mr. Praline: PININ' for the BULGARIA?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did She fall flat on his back the moment I got 'er home?

Owner: The Norwegian Blond prefers workin' on it's back! Remarkable bird, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage!

Mr. Praline: Look, I took the liberty of examining that prostitute when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its stool in the
window was that she had been NAILED there.

(pause)

Owner: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that bird down, she would have nuzzled up to those bars, run off and called Crimewatch
VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Mr. Praline: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this bird wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it like I was planning to! sh'E's bleedin' demised!

Owner: No no!shE's pining!

Mr. Praline: 'shE's not pinin'! 'shE's passed on! This prostitute is no more! sHe has ceased to be! 'shE's expired and gone to f**k her maker! 'shE's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'she
rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'her to the stool 'she'd be wanking off the punters! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'shE's off the twig! 'shE's kicked the
bucket, 'she's shuffled off 'er mortal coil, run down the curtain and sucked off the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PROSTITUTE!!

(pause)

Owner: Well, I'd better replace her then. (he takes a quick peek behind the counter) Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh,
we're right out of prostitutes

Mr. Praline: I see. I see, I get the picture.

Owner: I could give you a tug?.

(pause)

Mr. Praline: Pray, do you have tits

Owner: Nnnnot really.

Mr. Praline: WELL YOUR HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?

Owner: N-no, I guess not. (gets ashamed, looks at his feet)

Mr. Praline: Well.

(pause)

Owner: (quietly) D'you.... d'you want to come on my face

Mr. Praline: (looks around) Yeah, all right, sure. can I keep her as well?

Not really to my taste Soots, whilst it's a good idea to turn the Dea Parrott skectch on it's head, this just seemed a bit too gloomy. Sorry.

It's political

probably

I watched 'Taken' today so might be a bit sensitive to women being forced into prostitution.

Having said that Liam Neeson is a FILF!

Were you Taken by Liam Neeson?

snark snark

You can't have an avatar of Papa Lazarou and go around calling things gloomy!!!

I thought it was a very good idea, some clever feminist themes (POLITICS!) you know, objectification and treatment of women as commodities in modern society etc.
Also found it quite funny.

Thanks accbackman

Had some good moments but the joke started to run flat by the end.

Well I liked it.

I do however think it might benefit from sticking slightly less rigidly to the exact script of the original. There's a couple of bits in there which feel a bit 'crowbarred in' to fit lines in the original sketch where they might have worked a bit better doing the same gag but in the 'style' of the original without wrecking it.

Quote: Afinkawan @ March 18 2011, 12:47 PM GMT

Well I liked it.

I do however think it might benefit from sticking slightly less rigidly to the exact script of the original. There's a couple of bits in there which feel a bit 'crowbarred in' to fit lines in the original sketch where they might have worked a bit better doing the same gag but in the 'style' of the original without wrecking it.

Yes, this is its downfall.

Ok I shall work on an abbreviated version thanks all