Laughing Stock 2011 Page 11

Bugger.

Just got a phone call from the writersroom; how exciting I thought! But they just wanted my email address. Forgot to put it on the script :$ So they are still logging. I wonder what number I am and what the final count will be?

Quote: JOOLZY @ March 1 2011, 12:36 PM GMT

Another tweet from writersroom.

Reading the Laughing Stock entries - so far we've had more scripts from men & an inordinate number of scripts from men called Steve!

Glad I went with the more formal 'Stephen', that should help me stand out from the crowd.

I went with 'Steven' but I think they're lumping us all in there. An Army of Steves.

I wonder if the final 25 will be a mixture of Stevens, Stephens, and Stephanies :D

From the Twitter Feed:

We received an impressive 1808 entries for Laughing Stock. Good luck to all! #laughingstock

So even less chance of winning this than Sitcommission.

Or

If you win this you'll have beaten more people than if you won Sitcommission.

That's pretty frightening.

Disregarding quality of scripts for now, that's a 1 in 72 chance of getting in. Blimey.

1 in 72 sounds a lot better than 1 in 1808 anyway.

But how many are absolutely deluded Walter Mittey's writing a racist version of Love Thy Neighbour featuring naked dolly birds?

Quote: StephenM @ March 2 2011, 12:43 PM GMT

From the Twitter Feed:

We received an impressive 1808 entries for Laughing Stock. Good luck to all! #laughingstock

So even less chance of winning this than Sitcommission.

Or

If you win this you'll have beaten more people than if you won Sitcommission.

1808 'impressive' entries. How many duff ones then?

Quote: Griff @ March 2 2011, 1:03 PM GMT

I thought you said you didn't enter?

Was that your sitcom on amnesiac cottagers?

Quote: sootyj @ March 2 2011, 1:15 PM GMT

Was that your sitcom on amnesiac cottagers?

Laughing out loud

Actually I was a bit stumped and busy to enter either contest and then I was whacked with inspiration. So I shall be starting on my entries for next year.

1 Horse F**ker (I've had the title but nothing to do with it)

An odd couple musical romance sitcom about the life of George Willard.
A man who married his horse Pixel and died having sex with her.

True story; http://www.tigress.com/black/hossie/main.html

Think Glee meets Terry and June meets Equs.

Just got an email confirming they have my entry etc, and that they can't discuss individual entries (understandable, 1808 of them!).

The Shortlist will be up later this month, with the masterclass in early April (it was the 5th but think they've changed that).

Quote: Griff @ March 2 2011, 12:49 PM GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroom/2011/03/laughing_stock_-_the_latest.shtml

Given the numbers quoted I may be totally off base on this, but there's every chance one of those mentioned there is mine. That's disconcerting.

Doesn't mean a thing, of course!

just got the e-mail

at least they got it :)

Damn. Someone stole my hapless man idea.

:(