Laughing Stock 2011 Page 7

£80's worth right there, for free!

Dan

Do wah?

I have finally finished my outline and decided to stop messing about with the damn thing. At the risk of throwing something new into the mix, does anyone know if we should also include a covering letter?

Cheers Griff, much appreciated. I did originally think that was all that was needed, but I think the panic has now permeated all areas of my brain!

Mine's not very funny. Which is a shame given the deadline is a week away...

Dan

Mine isn't too funny, but I like to think it has funny moments. A few friends (who would criticise if need be) all liked it saying either they thought it was good, and one friend said he liked it but enjoyed one character in particular.

Not rave reviews by any means but it's good enough for me. I think I've taken it as far as possible, as anything else would seem crowbarred in, so it's happening in another episode.

Sending it today! :O

And it has been sent.

Eep.

Christ, I forgot the deadline was on Monday!

Should scripts be printed out double- or single- sided? And stapled or paper-clipped?

Good luck all!

Mr Ashdown, it's Single sided.

It can be bound any way I think. I've just used a little bulldog clip for mine.

Quote: Feeoree @ February 14 2011, 5:06 PM GMT

Good luck all!

Mr Ashdown, it's Single sided.

It can be bound any way I think. I've just used a little bulldog clip for mine.

Cheers, Feeoree. Bulldog clips sound nifty. I'll hunt some down.

Quote: Griff @ February 14 2011, 5:34 PM GMT

These are what you want:

Dalek dildos?

Clungers

Posted mine yesterday. It's the first time I've actually sent off a full 30 minute sitcom script. I have written a couple of others and not been entirely happy with them but I am pleased with my effort this time. It's been good having a deadline to work towards. I started writing it between Christmas and New Year though I had spent about two weeks formulating the idea in my head beforehand. I wrote the first draft in less than two weeks but the script I sent off is considerably different to that first draft. I guess I spent at least four weeks typing it up and making changes. I realise competition will be tough though, but at least I have finally written a sitcom script that I am happy with and I can use it as a benchmark to compare future work to.

Good luck everyone who has entered.

Mine sent, Special D.

Ditto. Mine went Monday, arrived Tuesday. And now for the wait (a long one if I'm not in the 'top 25', as it were)