What are you reading right now? Page 118

The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon. Ace.

Jude the Obscure. It just became horrific.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 6 2011, 5:19 PM GMT

Jude the Obscure. It just became horrific.

I tried to read that last year, but it was too literary for me.

I'm planning to read the mini book that came with my 25th anniversary Day of the Dead DVD later.

It's got better as it's gone on, but the content is absolutely terrifying.

Aaron Sorkin's The American President screenplay.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 6 2011, 5:54 PM GMT

It's got better as it's gone on, but the content is absolutely terrifying.

So obsessed was I by this book in school, that I designed a book cover for it in Higher Art. I still have this piece of great art - 3 hanging nooses!

Whoooah.

I'm reading The Finckler Question by Howard Jacobson. Booked prize winner last year. Quite enjoying it, although can't really relate to the main characters.

McCarthy's Bar by the now sadly late Pete McCarthy.

Haven't read it now for about 3-4 years and this is possibly my third or possibly even fourth time reading it. This is one of the funniest books you could ever hope to read. Witty, interesting and possessing comic timing not unlike that of P G Wodehouse. It is laugh-out-loud funny stuff.

http://amzn.to/fa7r5d

I can thoroughly recommend the follow-up, The Road to McCarthy too.

Al Kitaab fii Ta'Allum al Arabya. Trying to teach myself Arabic.

The Royle Family: The Complete Scripts

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 9 2011, 3:37 PM GMT

McCarthy's Bar by the now sadly late Pete McCarthy.

Haven't read it now for about 3-4 years and this is possibly my third or possibly even fourth time reading it. This is one of the funniest books you could ever hope to read. Witty, interesting and possessing comic timing not unlike that of P G Wodehouse. It is laugh-out-loud funny stuff.

http://amzn.to/fa7r5d

I can thoroughly recommend the follow-up, The Road to McCarthy too.

McCarthy's Bar is great. Wasn't so convinced about The Road to McCathy though.

Quote: EllieJP @ February 9 2011, 3:29 PM GMT

I'm reading The Finckler Question by Howard Jacobson. Booked prize winner last year. Quite enjoying it, although can't really relate to the main characters.

Oy, Vay!!!

Finally reading Stephen King's Just After Sunset.

For want of anything I was actually interested in reading, I picked up The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo at the airport.

I'm about 150 pages in and I must admit that so far it's easily the dullest, most lazily written book I've ever read.

But it's inexplicably plastered with critics' plaudits.

Is it worth sticking with? At the moment it's making me think that working on my improving my vocabulary for the last 30 years was a huge waste of time.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 12 2011, 8:53 PM GMT

For want of anything I was actually interested in reading, I picked up The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo at the airport.

Over the last few months it seems that every person who sat next to me on a plane was reading that book.