Opinions please

just written this joke and just wanted to see if you people thought it was a bit harsh or would be acceptable?

My mum is Buddhist which like all religious people means she is making a statement... and that statement is .. im a f**king loony. She does make me laugh thought she'll say things like.. "you should donate to the Buddhist trust. it's a really good cause and will be great for your karma" yeah it sounds great but lets prioritise. Maybe we should help the STARVING CHILDREN first. Then focus on demolishing more trees to build a new Buddhist centre!.. at home she has got this shrine thing called a gahonzon .. in know it sounds very mystical but its not its just a piece of paper with shit written all over it ... so yeah in many ways it's similar to the bible... I remember as a child she said what ever you put on around the shrine that's the kind of life you will have.. so mum would have money on there to encourage wealth .. my brother would have a book to encourage wisdom .. and I had .. a naked Barbie doll to encourage...well we all know what I was trying to encourage!

Thanks Tao

You should touch upon te idea that a Buddhust shrine is has money on it to encourage wealth. That's potentially got some mileage.

It's not really making a joke and you're assuming the audience knows more than they probably do.

Perhaps if you started more like.

So my mothers a budhist. Yeh I know what you're thinking....

Also the naked barbie doll is a little too much of a leap.
Perhaps you could say.

...I sat on it, cos all I wanted was some ass.

cheers for the replys.. so you think a little more info to make it more clear what im talkng about? yeah I like that beggining!! "So my mothers a budhist. Yeh I know what you're thinking...."

yeah I thought the barbie doll might be abit far lol

Thanks Tao

what about this

My mum is Buddhist... I know what you thinking .. your thinking she is a big fat lady who sits on chair all day with massive earring.. but you would be wrong.. she actually wears studs