In praise of Sir Partridge. Page 2

'Stop getting Bond wrong!'

'That was classic intercourse.'

Dan!

You could swing a tiger in here, not that you'd want to. Must weight best part of a tonne.

"They're sex people!"

my favourite ever partridge on dave tonight.

"Dont rub your fanny against me"

Michal: "Maybe use could have like a beef burger for the palm?"
Alan: "Now that's just silly Michael."

Quote: Aaron @ December 5, 2007, 11:53 PM

That actually makes me feel a tad peculiar.

(Shut up.)

Like an episode of Casualty waaaaaay back years ago before it went all arty-farty and unwatchable, where a guy who'd fallen out with his daughter and so had to secretly visit his grandson, fell backwards onto a spiked fence (as he tried to climb over it into their garden, I think), it going right through his legs. Made me feel all weak and kinda queasy. Bleh.

I always remember a guy getting a tennis racket through the neck. Sick

"Heres what one idiot did-in America!"

Woah! That's English for stop a horse.

Quote: Leevil @ December 11, 2007, 2:00 PM

I always remember a guy getting a tennis racket through the neck. Sick

I remember that too!
Well, I do if it was a squash racket.

(Is it racket or raquet?)

I love Michael and his apache helicopter scenario and the story about the monkey that ate his fags.
And Sonja when she draws the alien judge...
And Lyn spilling Sunny Delight...
And Alan's comment; "Do you ever shave your crackling?"

The show never tires for me and I can watch it again and again.

Also, the commentary on the first series by Alan and Lyn is hilarious!

Quote: zooo @ December 11, 2007, 7:08 PM

I remember that too!
Well, I do if it was a squash racket.

Yeah it was, I just said tennis 'cos I wasn't sure, lol. But it was just f**king horrible and a lot of people seem to remember it, lol.

Quote: Ben Ripley @ December 11, 2007, 7:19 PM

I love Michael and his apache helicopter scenario and the story about the monkey that ate his fags.
And Sonja when she draws the alien judge...
And Lyn spilling Sunny Delight...
And Alan's comment; "Do you ever shave your crackling?"

The show never tires for me and I can watch it again and again.

Also, the commentary on the first series by Alan and Lyn is hilarious!

Commentary? You mean on the DVD?

I'm jut off to have a spinal column in a bap..............actually that should be a baguette.............

Quote: zooo @ December 11, 2007, 7:08 PM

(Is it racket or raquet?)

Not raquet. Racquet or racket are acceptable. I prefer racquet, sounds poncier. Racket makes me think of 1930s gangsters.

I've remembered now. My dad had a whole scene stolen word for word by Coogan (I understand ideas doing the rounds, but... verbatim??? It was also an idea that worked better for radio, I reckon) - he nearly had a radio sitcom commissioned and it was from that. (He also used to write for The News Huddlines.) I also have a friend whose comedy double-act was taken under Coogan's wing. He said he'd take them places. As it transpires, he meant backwards rather than forwards. He robbed them of their useable material and dumped them, sort of like a comedy highwayman.

No wonder his stuff is so good, I reckon he's robbed half of it. Anyway, that's two people who hate the man's guts who know more about the trade then me! His stuff's funny, but if he was stealing a lot of it, it's kind of sick the kudos he gets on here from aspiring writers.