This is my first time. Bacon and Herring

The scene: An inner city street after rain. You know, black shiny sellophane pavements and echoing footsteps.

An archetypal drug dealer type guy is hanging around by the boarding that is hiding some building work going on across the road from a dirty looking pub. A hippy approaches the guy after exiting the pub. Both of them are looking around them cautiously. Something is about to go down.

HIPPY: Have you got anything I can smoke?

DRUG DEALER: Yeah

Drug Dealer hands Hippy a side of bacon and some herring.

DRUG DEALER: That's twenty five quid mate.

10 out of 10

Really liked it simple and LOL

B

Nice.Simple.Funny.

Lol yeah good. Nice and simple

Short, sweet and very funny. Laughing out loud

Perfect for a sketch show and a lot funnier than most of the stuff getting screened on Ch4 at the moment!

Just a thought. How about pooling our creativity and submitting a plethora of short sketches of no more than several lines to a new thread, elect a script editor, and use as many of the BSG connections to get a decent pitch together. As I say, just a thought.

Good idea, I had thought of that a bit ago but more on the sitcom lines, that would never work of course with all of us but with a sketch show we could have some real clout if we all work to get it noticed.

And I don't think we need to limit it to several lines either, just try and do some sketches.

We will need to plan it properly though. We would need a operations manager of sorts to keep logistics etc in mind.

Maybe we could have a number of submission dates and say at the end of each fortnight there is a massive poll to decide the top 3 sketches which go in, then we do the same again for another batch. Just ideas.

Can we get a sticky thread for this?

well you could actually film the sketch and try and enter the paramount comedy thing mentioned on another thread.

http://www.paramountcomedy.com/shortcuts/upload.aspx

btw the sketch writing thing sounds good too!

Sounds interesting. I would be interested. hmm . . . interesting.

Working on the assumption that TV is still a closed shop to the kind of 'Bacon and Herring' sketch, has anyone got anything against launching a BSG sponsored sketch show website if there is no other alternative, if that's OK with Aaron and Mark of course.

As long as my "Jesus in Paradise" sketch is allowed its a big Here here from me :)

Yeah something I'd be deffo interested in, lol I'm already planning stuff in my head. Skip, filming to me would always be risky because it's hard to get past that amature look. If we actually have a team of writers I think we stand a better chance with production companies a)because two heads are better than one but also because if we can make ourselves sound like an organised company of writers we may be taken more seriously than an aspiring individual.

Quote: Tom Pk @ January 29, 2007, 7:45 PM

Yeah something I'd be deffo interested in, lol I'm already planning stuff in my head. Skip, filming to me would always be risky because it's hard to get past that amature look.

Saw an interview on another site with someone from BABY COW productions where he said it could be an advantage to film bits of a script to send along with the material as it can help get across what your trying to do and help a script to stand out. And of course it would appear some what amateurish, no matter how much time you spend on it, but they know your not industry professionals and would be able to look past that.

Well yeah ok, if it's to send to a production company as a sample of what we are trying to get across I can see the utility in that.