How TV Ruined Your Life Page 6

I enjoyed it more this week. Still a lot of stuff we've seen before from Brooker, but some funny stuff, especially the Friendchips stuff, and Bumming Off, the creepily accurate Two Pints style sitcom.

First time I've seen this. Very good. Yes, it's essentially a nostalgia TV version of 'Screenwipe' with a thin strand of anthropological theory holding it together, but there were some very good laughs.

For some reason I particularly enjoyed 'Bumming Off', the BBC Three sitcom, with Kevin Eldon - brilliant... Only I didn't see Susan Nick son or Tim Dawson's names on the credits? No doubt they were too modest to take any credit...

:)

I blame it on being so lifelike. XD I've seen comedies as bad as it before.

Quote: chipolata @ February 1 2011, 10:31 PM GMT

I enjoyed it more this week. Still a lot of stuff we've seen before from Brooker, but some funny stuff, especially the Friendchips stuff, and Bumming Off, the creepily accurate Two Pints style sitcom.

Wasn't like Two Pints, it was like Coming of Age, GET IT RIGHT!

Although I didn't really think the 'old actors playing young characters' was all that accurate. I can't really think of any shows that do that anymore...?

The thing I found most interesting was the BBC's idea to broadcast a TV programme attacking lame sex-mad BBC Three sitcoms, and then over the credits plug "Coming of Age".

Quote: zooo @ February 1 2011, 10:37 PM GMT

Since Coming of Age is a Two Pints style sitcom I did get it right! But I bow to your greater knowledge on the subject, zooo. Pleased

I thought it was Two Pints too.

Could have done without the Miley Cyrus bit, as he used it so recently in You Have Been Watching.

Quote: zooo @ February 1 2011, 10:37 PM GMT

Although I didn't really think the 'old actors playing young characters' was all that accurate. I can't really think of any shows that do that anymore...?

It was parodying both, dear.

It may well have been, dear. But it was more LIKE Coming of Age.
Two Pints isn't really like that. :)

Well, it's got us all talking and that's the main thing anyway. Errr

I made a Facebook 'page' called 'I was fooled into thinking 'Bumming Off' exists by Charlie Brooker.' I doubt it'll catch on, but I don't care. Being the only person in it makes me feel special.

And yeah, it may be Screenwipe-light, but on the other hand most of it was new this time so I don't really mind.

Hehe, bless.

Quote: zooo @ February 1 2011, 10:52 PM GMT

It may well have been, dear. But it was more LIKE Coming of Age.

Now you're getting the hang of it, sweetie. ;)

Shurrup. Treacle.

:$