Comedy Rocks Page 2

Joe Pasquale has a very good stage presence.

Quote: Aaron @ April 2 2010, 10:20 PM BST

Thats about it, Shame about everything else.

Quote: Aaron @ April 2 2010, 10:20 PM BST

Bernard Manning had excellent comic timing, but that doesn't really excuse what his act consisted of (in the eyes of many).

Is it called Comedy Rocks because of the live music it has? In that case surely Comedy Pops or Comedy Craps would be more apt. Anyway mixing the two forms looks utterly ancient to me. Jasper Carrott and Des O'Connor used to do that kind of thing.

Jim Jeffries and Russell Kane were very good; though Kane didn't seem to be given long.

I missed this! Jefferies is a comic idol of mine. Was he allowed to swear much on it?

Quote: Ben @ January 15 2011, 2:58 PM GMT

I missed this! Jefferies is a comic idol of mine. Was he allowed to swear much on it?

Oh yeah, he swore a fair bit. I don't think I've seen much of his act before, so don't know how toned down it was.

I can't see Jason Manford anymore without imagining him asking some girl online to show him her tits. :(

Phwoar! TITS!

(.) (.)

I can see that this is a bit of an attempt at variety which is very much lacking from our TV shows, but this is SO vanilla it's borderline offensive.

I am not a fan of Jason Mansford (he didn't make me laugh once), and I am certainly not a fan of the pseudo soft rock groups they have in. The Script? PAH. PAAAAAHHHHHH.

Micky Flanagan was meh, I've heard that set a few times, so nothing new to entice a giggle.
Russell Kane was okay, but I severely doubt that any of the material was the highlight of his award winning Ed show. Shame he didn't get longer get get into the swing of things. He's a very talented performer.
Absolute highlight of the show (and in fact the only reason I watched it) was The Boy With Tape on His Face. Just.. great. I laughed more at his section than I did at the rest of the comics put together. I think I love him a bit.
Jim Jeffries was okay- I'm generally not a fan, but I was able to enjoy his performance on this occasion.

I just wish that this wasn't ITV, wasn't Jason Mansford and didn't have such shit music. Comedy, in this case, doesn't rock.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 15 2011, 4:29 PM GMT

The Boy With Tape on His Face. Just.. great.

Oh, I didn't enjoy that because I saw everything he did on the show when I saw him live, and bits didn't seem to work as well. The stripper thing for instance was great live because he had the good fortune to randomly pick someone who was very game and after initially just laughing, did in fact start danicng about and putting some effort in, rather than just slowly taking all the stuff off again. Obviously nothing he can do about that, but after you've seen the bit storm, the way it went down on this was a bit weak.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 15 2011, 4:34 PM GMT

Oh, I didn't enjoy that because I saw everything he did on the show when I saw him live, and bits didn't seem to work as well. The stripper thing for instance was great live because he had the good fortune to randomly pick someone who was very game and after initially just laughing, did in fact start danicng about and putting some effort in, rather than just slowly taking all the stuff off again. Obviously nothing he can do about that, but after you've seen the bit storm, the way it went down on this was a bit weak.

I haven't had chance to see him live yet, so it was all fresh for me. I suppose that you're probably less likely to totally play along with the stripping bit when you're on national telly.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 15 2011, 4:29 PM GMT

I can see that this is a bit of an attempt at variety which is very much lacking from our TV shows, but this is SO vanilla it's borderline offensive.

This.

I imagine some weeks could be really good - with no structure to the show itself, it relies more than many others on the quality of each week's guests - but this first episode didn't even manage to keep my attention. Dull.

I liked Jeffries' story though, that was quite amusing.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to, but heard Chris Ramsey is on at some point, so I'm definitely going to be watching that one.

I got through The Script by Sky Plussing the programme so I can fast forward those bits. It really helped.