What are you watching on TV? Page 1,341

Quote: sootyj @ January 6 2011, 9:22 PM GMT

I reckon I could take a bear unarmed no problemo

we are talking about fat gay guys aren't we?

You may be revealing a bit too much there...

Quote: Timbo @ January 6 2011, 8:47 PM GMT

The Bear Family and Me. I think people should be able to hunt bears. They just shouldn't be allowed to use guns.

It should be butterfly nets.

Quote: zooo @ January 6 2011, 9:17 PM GMT

The day the bear/partridge/deer has a gun too is the day it's a fair fight or remotely impressive in ANY way that you've hunted it. You fecking losers.

So I guess the next time you go to KFC you won't mind if the guy behind the counter points a gun at your head as you wring the chicken's neck? ;)

Have you been to Dagenham?

Quote: DaButt @ January 7 2011, 12:48 AM GMT

So I guess the next time you go to KFC you won't mind if the guy behind the counter points a gun at your head as you wring the chicken's neck? ;)

:)
I'm not talking about animal rights, or vegetarianism, or any of that.

I'm talking about people who think that shooting a defenceless animal makes them manly and impressive. It clearly doesn't.

I'm with Zoo on this one.
As cool as shooting animals looks, it may well be cruel in some way.

Only shoot them if they steal your pic-a-nic basket.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ January 7 2011, 1:02 AM GMT

I'm with Zoo on this one.

And me.

Just watched BBC Three's "How Drugs Work" which, at one point, almost sounds as though it could have been written by Chris Morris for Brass Eye:

"Cannabis hijacks the nervous system like a herbal terrorist"

Quote: zooo @ January 7 2011, 12:59 AM GMT

I'm talking about people who think that shooting a defenceless animal makes them manly and impressive. It clearly doesn't.

I know dozens (maybe hundreds?) of hunters and I've never heard any of them imply that hunting makes them manly or impressive. They tend to be nature/animal lovers with a great respect for the animals and the environment and always eat whatever they kill. None of us would be here if our forefathers hadn't hunted for hundreds of thousands of years and today's hunters are merely doing the same thing. And the results are TASTY!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ January 7 2011, 1:02 AM GMT

As cool as shooting animals looks, it may well be cruel in some way.

Hunters only take a shot if they know it will result in a quick, clean kill. They spend countless hours zeroing the scopes on their rifles and waiting for the perfect shot. The result is a kill that is at least as quick and humane as the cows/chickens/pigs get in a slaughterhouse and probably more so.

If I hunted I'd always shoot the animal up the bum, so I cold recite the whole Super Hans bullet up the arris bit. Whilst smearing myself in the creatures blood and excrement.

Or maybe I'd just shoot Super Hans up the arris.

Quote: sootyj @ January 8 2011, 7:43 AM GMT

If I hunted I'd always shoot the animal up the bum, so I cold recite the whole Super Hans bullet up the arris bit. Whilst smearing myself in the creatures blood and excrement.

Or maybe I'd just shoot Super Hans up the arris.

Has VAT increased on your world as well?

Quote: DaButt @ January 8 2011, 4:10 AM GMT

I know dozens (maybe hundreds?) of hunters and I've never heard any of them imply that hunting makes them manly or impressive. They tend to be nature/animal lovers with a great respect for the animals and the environment and always eat whatever they kill.

Why do they mount the heads on the wall then?
They're proud of how awesome they think they are.

(Obviously not commenting on your friends, as I don't know them.)

Talking of American hunters, I did like it when Dick Cheney accidentally shot his friend in the face while out hunting - and his friend later issued an apology!

Quote: zooo @ January 8 2011, 1:41 PM GMT

Why do they mount the heads on the wall then?
They're proud of how awesome they think they are.

That's not at all true. Every animal that a hunter kills isn't automatically stuffed and mounted. Trophies are reserved for exceptional specimens or one-of-a-kind hunts.

As long as the animal is taken legally (as part of strictly regulated population control measures that are actually beneficial for the species as a whole) I can't see a problem with keeping a trophy when the alternative is to throw the animal's head into the trash. I'd rather have the opportunity to marvel at an animal's magnificence than see it thrown into the back of a garbage truck.