New venue in Colchester..Comedians Needed!!!

Hello lovely people,

I am in need of comedians to come and make some people laugh at a small intimate bar, Tin Pan Alley.

Tin Pan Alley is a new live music venue, which is set to be probably the best music venue in Colchester!

We will be hosting a Comedy Night very soon, and I am looking for about 3 or 4 comedians to perform.

If you are interested at all, let me know! I have my email open for you all to see on my profile, so don't be shy!

Many thanks beautiful people.

Henrietta :P

Hi Henrietta.

You need to let people know what sort of night it is. Is it a paid gig, a semi pro night or an open mic night? What lengths of acts are you looking for?

Ha...

I am incredibly unprepared, so I am glad Nat that I have you hear to sort me out ha.

It will be paid, and basically it will be a music and comedy night. We will have a band play and then in the intervals we will have a comedian perform. I am looking for amateur comedians.

The place is rather alternative, so alternative comedians would fit nicely, those who are not just all about the slap stick, obvious humour. If that makes any sense???

Oh and looking for about 15 min set...

There are actually some quite good threads over on chortle which discuss setting up mixed open mic nights (most advise against it!).

You could do with having a running order in your head ie 20 min opener, 15 min middle spot and 30 min headliner, and figure out how you will carve up the budget. If you do that and advertise in the right places you will attract the right acts.

Bethany Black is a great alternative comic, but I couldn't tell you what her usual fee is.

Oop, you changed your post before I did mine! Sneak!

Thank you very much Nat...Appreciated....

I've just found a good site Comedy CV. And found this lesbian comic, who I think would be awesome, the fact that I find her attractive, is, of course, completely nothing to do with my interest. Its completely professional - moff moff

I will get on to your homework that you have set.

Thank you again for your help.

No problem. Good luck!

Did being a lesbian make her funnier?

My comedy has been moribund of late and well.

I'd consider going lesbian if it would make me funnier.

Do it.

The word lesbian itself it funny. Especially if you say it with a lisp. Pure genius

Hi Henriettaj, if you need any advice about setting up the night, budgets, acts, etc, etc please feel free to drop me an email, tonycowards@hotmail.com.

I've run comedy nights in Colchester, Wivenhoe and Ipswich before now and am a pro comic.

Hi there

just curious if the comedians you need, if still needed ?, need any experience ?

Also what about dates/times

:) :)

Have you started the gig yet? How's it been going?