Maturity Page 4

Quote: Will Cam @ November 26 2010, 1:32 PM GMT

Troll guy now has an automatic bad press (caused by his own doing I hasten to add). A good percentage of his posts are funny/relevant. I think he is actually good to have around (a bit like Father Jack).

I think you're probably right.
It often stimulates some quite interesting debate

Depends how you feel about rapists.

I thought at first regarding mature students, "Surely they'd all live with wives/girlfriends?"

But then I thought, hey, how about they're all divorced/separated? Which would explain why they'd all be living in a houseshare.
With the reason for their uni courses being a new "start."

You'd also get sad old losers desperately clinging to their youth.

Quote: chipolata @ November 26 2010, 3:38 PM GMT

You'd also get sad old losers desperately clinging to their youth.

Jesus, I was just trying out a new haircut!

Quote: David Bussell @ November 26 2010, 3:48 PM GMT

Jesus, I was just trying out a new haircut!

:D

I often imagine you with Griff hair, who I imagine with Brian May/Anita Dobson/Slash from Guns and Roses hair.

Quote: chipolata @ November 26 2010, 3:52 PM GMT

:D

I often imagine you with Griff hair, who I imagine with Brian May/Anita Dobson/Slash from Guns and Roses hair.

It can look a little "Griffish" in the morning, though I've usually got it under control by the time I leave the house.

I have no idea what your hair looks like because the only mental image I have of you is from the time you compared yourself to a better looking version of one of the cylons from the new Battlestar. Not the hot chick in red I hasten to add.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ November 26 2010, 3:35 PM GMT

I thought at first regarding mature students, "Surely they'd all live with wives/girlfriends?"

But then I thought, hey, how about they're all divorced/separated? Which would explain why they'd all be living in a houseshare.
With the reason for their uni courses being a new "start."

People quite often go away to Uni. Especially for a specific course they want to do.

Cheers for all these responses, you lot - genuinely grateful. The fact that the idea hasn't been ripped to shreds (well, not by everyone) gives me hope. The point about age is a good one. I guess there's plenty of conflict to be had between the variously-aged mature students themselves, as well as conflict between them and the 18-20-year-olds around them.

Now down to the hard work (the lyrics to the theme tune).

Quote: David Bussell @ November 26 2010, 1:17 PM GMT

The guy who plays all the troll characters.

Do you really believe such a person exists, David?

If so, you should be Home Secretary.

Convince the public that all the crimes for which no convictions are obtained are the result of a single master criminal operating alone, and they'll feel safer in their beds and on the streets than they've ever done.

I'll vote for you.

On a slightly more serious note, I doubt it's possible for one person to operate a collection of concurrent undetectable multi-identities on a forum like this.

BillWill would know, I'm sure.

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ November 26 2010, 9:00 PM GMT

Do you really believe such a person exists, David?

If so, you should be Home Secretary.

Convince the public that all the crimes for which no convictions are obtained are the result of a single master criminal, and they'll feel safer in their beds and on the streets than they've ever done.

I'll vote for you.

On a slightly more serious note, I doubt it's possible for one person to operate a collection of concurrent undetectable multi-identities on a forum like this.

BillWill would know, I'm sure.

Are you a woman Veronica? And if not why not?

Marc,

What is the point of asking real-life-related personal questions of someone whose answers you know you're not going to believe unless they happen to coincide with what you want to believe?

Finally, she says something sensible! Had to happen. ;)

Quote: zooo @ November 26 2010, 11:17 PM GMT

Finally, she says something sensible! Had to happen. ;)

Oh dear!

After that extremely friendly and constructive message, I think it's best I wish you all a good evening.

Sweet dreams, everyone.

So the friendliest thing I've ever addressed to you is the one you choose to be offended by. How odd! Night.