Last night in the bunker Page 3

Quote: bigfella @ November 21 2010, 8:11 PM GMT

It's a nice carved handle on that German one.

Shh, you're not allowed to approve of anything the Nazis had. Look at how Brian Ferry was condemned for praising Leni Riefenstahl.

I once saw 3 exited ducks trying to mate with a dead duck.

This thread reminds me of that thread.

The German's had a wide variety of grenades. Including pin and clip designs that ressmebled the English Mills and US pineapple grenades.

so, was that 4 dead ducks then ?

With game rules that make sense and a good ending, this sketch could go on 'Armstrong and Miller' right away and be one of the funniest they've ever done.

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ November 22 2010, 8:59 AM GMT

With game rules that make sense and a good ending, this sketch could go on 'Armstrong and Miller' right away and be one of the funniest they've ever done.

I have to totally agree with Veronica, this is one of the funniest sketches I have ever read.

Some years ago I became a big fan of an excellent young sketch group called Monty Python and his amazing circus (you may have heard of them). The story goes that one of them wrote this sketch which was so funny that the chap who wrote it, Graham Chapman, ended up dead. As far as I'm aware the sketch has never been broadcast and remains to this day locked away in the BBC archives.

I think that this sketch is as funny if not funnier than that sketch. When I first started to read it I got as far as the third line before I had to stop. I was laughing so much that a little bit of poop came out. I only made it to the end of the sketch by reading one line at a time and allowing myself to calm down for at least 7 hours before proceeding to the next line. This has clearly been written by a comedy genius.

I can clearly see that Veronica is right about the BCG Clique. Although I'm not entirely sure what a clique is or indeed what BCG stands for, it is obvious that it is wrong and dangerous and possible foreign.

Hope this helps.

:D I believe Dan Brown's next book is about the shadowy BCG Clique, which may also be responsible for Christ's death.

BCG

British Clique Gangbang

Im sorry but when you are saying it was so funny you had to stop is that sarcastic or something? I don't know if any of there comments are serious??

This comment is entirely serious.

Quote: Juan of a Kind @ November 22 2010, 6:10 PM GMT

Im sorry but when you are saying it was so funny you had to stop is that sarcastic or something? I don't know if any of there comments are serious??

Not Dave Gorman (who incidentally is very probably NOT Dave Gorman) gives every impression (and therefore might be Jon Culshaw) of being a funny and intelligent person (and is therefore almost certainly me) who understands comedy very well (and so is definitely me).

Notwithstanding the above, I believe his posting reflects his true feelings but may have been injected with a bit of exaggeration - purely for comedic purposes.

Oh, well if people are being entirely serious then thanks! I didn't realise people would find it that funny Haha. Might be worth a re-write?

Juan,

Writing comedy is like digging up gold - except that you're digging in your mind rather than your mine.

Most people will dig up little or nothing, but that's life.

The real tragedy in ANY search for gold occurs when you dig up a huge nugget but don't recognise it for what it is.

Decca, HMV and Columbia rejected the Beatles.

Jon Plowman, Head of BBC Comedy, saw no merit in the pilot of 'The Office' and, when implored again and again to commission a series by a couple of producers, reluctantly agreed - on condition that Ricky Gervais did not play Brent.

He was eventually persuaded to change his mind of course.

That sketch is potentially a cracker.

Quote: Veronica Vestibule @ November 22 2010, 6:53 PM GMT

Not Dave Gorman (who incidentally is very probably NOT Dave Gorman) gives every impression (and therefore might be Jon Culshaw) of being a funny and intelligent person (and is therefore almost certainly me) who understands comedy very well (and so is definitely me).

Notwithstanding the above, I believe his posting reflects his true feelings but may have been injected with a bit of exaggeration - purely for comedic purposes.

You are of course absolutely correct Veronica. I am indeed Not Dave Gorman.

Some time ago I had a visit from the real Dave Gorman who was going around the world meeting people who were also called Dave Gorman. He had somehow got it into his head that my name was Dave Gorman, and no amount of photo ID and electricity bills were going to persuade him otherwise. Eventually I had to agree to spend the next 7 years referring to myself as Not Dave Gorman in order to prevent his lawyers from taking legal action, and he had to refer to himself as Not Not Dave Gorman to prevent my lawyers from counter suing , which I thought was perfectly reasonable. Technically speaking I really should now refer to myself as Not Not Not Dave Gorman, but my lawyers have advised against it.

Hope this clears things up.

Quote: Juan of a Kind @ November 22 2010, 6:10 PM GMT

Having just read through my original post, I can see how you may have become a little confused. So just to clarify - when I said 'Monty Python and his amazing circus', I did of course mean 'Monty Python and his amazing FLYING circus'. Apologies for any confusion.

Hope this clears things up.