Ideal - Series 7

According to the Ideal Fan Forum, which is has quite the pulse on the Ideal community (complete with Q and A with the series creator), Ideal has been commissioned for a 7th series!

The BBC has commissioned a 7th series of Graham's dark comedy drama IDEAL. Johnny Vegas returns as Manchester slacker Moz, who, due to economic circumstances, is forced to resume his job as a hash dealer.

Meanwhile, inept gangsters Psycho Paul and Cartoon Head find themselves under threat from a gang of deadly gingers known as The Red Mist. Whilst Lee and Jason of pretentious electro-rock group Silicone Valets split up to embark on solo careers.

Ideal 7, continues to push the envelope, mixing hilarious character comedy with horror, pathos and the bizarre. The series, which will see the show reaching its 50th episode, is set to premiere on BBC Three in mid 2011.

Excellent, thanks for the update.

Ideal is a great show and I miss it terribly. I fell in love with it immediately. This show is far superior to anything on U.S. TV.

I read on this web site that Ideal will be back for another season, bravo!
I started watching this wonderfully funny, smart and macabre show about a year ago. I found it quite by accident on the Independant Film Channel (IFC) but I haven't seen it now for several months. I am not sure if IFC stopped airing this brilliant show, if they did, shame on them.

Anyway, I truly hope IFC or another channel will air it.

It will be aired mid July 2010, and I play Callum, the Red Mist executioner!

Oooh unexpected new series! Yay! *watches*

Hahaha good start.

Quote: Goose24 @ June 4 2011, 5:51 AM BST

For all the Ideal lovers on this board (and I've noticed, there seems to be quite a few!), Graham Duff shows his favourite characters:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2011/jun/04/an-ideal-whos-who

Enjoy

Tilly?! No.2!!? Really?

And Cartoon Head at no.8? Rubbish. Even bloody Paul Weller's at 6! Crazy.

Rolling eyes Some people eh?

Brian and his feather boa strangling! Laughing out loud

Anyone know the track name on episode the paintings when cartoon head and the girl are sat at a table doing lines of coke

Quote: Paul Williams67 @ 24th October 2020, 12:14 PM

Anyone know the track name on episode the paintings when cartoon head and the girl are sat at a table doing lines of coke

Warpaint - Billie Holiday?