Lee Mack - Going Out tour review (no spoilers) Page 2

Quote: Chappers @ March 30 2010, 10:26 AM BST

How do you know that wasn't planned - or related to an old routine?

Primarily because of the shock on Lee's face, and his genuine laughter.
It was nothing to do with his old material, or at least if it was Lee didn't make the connection, because he came up with all this amazingly funny but random stuff.
It wasn't a request for his old stuff either, it was a remark about his new suit.
And, honestly, even if it was all a set up, and the guy who shouted out 'Matalan' was Lee's tour manager or whoever, it was still brilliant comedy :D

Quote: Tony Cowards @ March 30 2010, 10:48 AM BST

No offence to Lee Mack, who is an excellent act and very capable of doing hilarious improvisation, but is it not more likely that someone was shouting "Matalan" as a request for him to do his "Matalan material"?

A bit like a Rolling Stones audience shouting out "Brown Sugar".

Even Ross Noble and Eddie Izzard, renowned riffers, have planned "ad-libs" and make it look off-the-cuff by using them at the appropriate moments, sorry to spoil the illusion for anyone.

Nah, I know about the planned ad-libs....Eric Morecambe rehearsed his for hours....but this was waaaaaay too random. And Lee wasn't rehearsed at all :D

I'm a big fan too so I'm not having a go.

Me neither, I love Lee, especially since we gigged together at a new material night and he asked me backstage for some advice about a new gag of his and I thought "You're f**king Lee Mack! Why are you asking me about what's funny?".

Lovely bloke and an excellent stand up who's at the top of his game at the moment.

If it helps, a similar thing happened when I went to see him with someone shouting "how much were your shoes?" (which I think was a reference to his old DVD) and he went off on one for ages, so parts of it, I would imagine, are rehersed, but he makes it look like a very quick-witted off the cuff rant.
Either way, it was excellent and one of the highlights of the show for me.

Quote: Lindyloop @ March 31 2010, 10:25 AM BST

Did he talk about all the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No spoilers it says!

Apologies *slaps wrist*

I was just trying to establish if this was off the cuff or if it was rehersed and he did it in every show, but I've deleted it now.

Quote: luke not going out two pints @ February 19 2010, 2:07 PM BST

The theatre - 0/10

Christ, there was a roof, wasn't there?

Simon Evans was the warm up act when I saw Lee Mack in Sheffield.

I Googled and YouTubed him when I got back, and to my surprise found this on YouTube ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWb5Qx1X3as . I was quite surprised to find that half is act was up, and more so it was more or less word perfect to what I'd seen.

T.

Quote: TonyT @ April 8 2010, 7:18 PM BST

Simon Evans was the warm up act when I saw Lee Mack in Sheffield.

I Googled and YouTubed him when I got back, and to my surprise found this on YouTube ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWb5Qx1X3as . I was quite surprised to find that half is act was up, and more so it was more or less word perfect to what I'd seen.

T.

Simon Evans is an excellent comic and also a great comedy writer but he doesn't always refresh his material as often as he perhaps should.

Quote: Chappers @ March 30 2010, 11:26 AM BST

How do you know that wasn't planned - or related to an old routine?

Because the person who shouted Matalan was me, in relation to him saying he was like a failed snooker player. Reason being he had fake pockets on his waistcoat.

Top show, well funny, if I ever get chance to meet him at least we'll have a talking point!!!

Could someone who has seen this show tell me how long it lasts? Thanks :)

Quote: Robert D @ November 2 2010, 7:19 PM GMT

Could someone who has seen this show tell me how long it lasts? Thanks :)

Not long enough I should think.

Anyway he was on Radio 2 this afternoon (in the slot where Tim Vine, Andy Hamilton and Guy Jenkin have been on this week.)

Very funny at the time but again I can't remember any of it. (My age)

Well, I saw Lee Mack at the Apollo last night. He was fantastic. And he threw in a heel click. That made my week. Lovey

Very funny indeed. My friend and I nearly died at the dolphin bit.

Mack is shit and annoying.

Except he's not.