What are you eating? Page 482

Quote: john lucas 101 @ October 19 2010, 10:54 AM BST

Oh, I see, you're well enough to stamp your feet, are you?

Metaphorically, yes. Actually, I'm quite a good level of sick. Sick enough not to feel guilty for being off work, but not sick enough to have to spend the whole day feeling miserable.

Quote: Rob H @ October 19 2010, 11:11 AM BST

Metaphorically, yes. Actually, I'm quite a good level of sick. Sick enough not to feel guilty for being off work, but not sick enough to have to spend the whole day feeling miserable.

I.m proper sick, limping, bruised and leaking

I ressemble Jeffrey Bernard sobering up

An apple.

How are you today?

Rubbish. :(

:(
I always take painkillers for colds (if it's a cold).

Ah you've reminded me, is time for more pills!

Recently started dieting after having a kid so generally for me it's all about trying not to eat and doing as much sport ( http://www.bikester.co.uk/ ) as possible! This thread has certainly done nothing to help my food cravings! If anyone has any tips on weight loss I would love to hear ;)

Quote: Sophia @ October 20 2010, 10:58 AM BST

If anyone has any tips on weight loss I would love to hear ;)

Break big meals down into smaller ones and eat at regular intervals. Cut down on non-essential fats and up the aerobic exercise. Do it incrementally and don't murder yourself over-exercising.

I'm hungry ma'an!

Walk an hour every day.
I'm fairly convinced the TV and book industry/exercise equipment industry/gyms try and tell us we have to do all this fancy crap to lose weight so they can make money out of us. None of them are going to recommend walking, which is free. And I suspect, the best exercise.

Walking's good but breaking a sweat is a quicker way to lose fat. Lance Armstrong recommends breaking a sweat every day and he's never had anything to complain about!

(Some of us are so unfit we do break a sweat walking fast) :)

Quote: Sophia @ October 20 2010, 10:58 AM BST

Recently started dieting after having a kid so generally for me it's all about trying not to eat and doing as much sport as possible! This thread has certainly done nothing to help my food cravings! If anyone has any tips on weight loss I would love to hear ;)

Hey Sophia,

Having lost 3 stone in 3 years (and I know it seems like a long time) but it's because I changed my lifestyle choices. Watching what I eat and taking up regular exercise will graudally show results. Avoid faddy diets and just eat sensibly and make an effort to exercise properly 4 times a week. :)

Quote: zooo @ October 20 2010, 11:19 AM BST

(Some of us are so unfit we do break a sweat walking fast) :)

Walking is great, but I agree with Bussel that you need to up your heart beat regularly and if walking does that for you, then great. :)

I had a dream last night I was accidentally given a curry or something with chicken in it. I'm rest assured that even my subconscious found it disgusting and in my dream I spat it out. :)