What are you reading right now? Page 113

The Glass Castle - amazing and sad.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ October 17 2010, 4:57 PM BST

Just about to start "The Duchess of Malfi", having just finished "Save Me the Waltz".

The Duchess of Malfi is good but pretty nasty if memory serves!

Just started reading 'confessions of a medium'.

It is indeed that so far. :|

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ October 17 2010, 9:11 PM BST

Just started reading 'confessions of a medium'.

Didn't see that coming !

A comic series I found at the library called 'Caballistics'. Old 2000AD strip. Good stuff. Very similar to Hellboy in a lot of ways and apparently debuted the exact same year.

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 18 2010, 12:05 AM BST

Didn't see that coming !

:D

Bernhard Schlink's 'The Reader'. Genuinely a pience of literary genius, I would highly recommend it. Wikipedia gives a good summary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reader

Schlink offers us an intriguing mystery to unravel, a fascinating love affair, an in-depth examination of a post- war German conscious, and a sensitive interaction with the Holocaust like no other. His language is simple; his message powerful. Have a read.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 15 2010, 12:15 PM BST

Just noticed this is out, so I'm going to pop out and buy right . . . NOW. In a bit. But today, for sure.

Just started on this. Shaping up nicely.

Asterix & Obelix all at sea.

I know they weren't as good once Uderzo started writing them but I thought I'd have a catch up on some of the ones I haven't read.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 29 2010, 10:07 PM BST

Asterix & Obelix all at sea. I know they weren't as good once Uderzo started writing them but I thought I'd have a catch up on some of the ones I haven't read.

I'll wait for Gerard Depardu in the movie.

Reading over my essays for the millionth time, and also reading The Roaring Girl by Thomas Middleton. I want to write about the latter in an exam just to be able to mention their use of dogs and ducks on stage.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ October 17 2010, 3:57 PM GMT

Just about to start "The Duchess of Malfi", having just finished "Save Me the Waltz".

Domine Judex coverte occolus or something like that as I recall on this plague this most corrupt of women!

Mark Radcliffe's 'Thank You For The Days'. Not a true biography, more anecdotes about his life. Very well written though and enjoyable.

don't miss Shantaram it's fab and 950 pages. A film is being made of it at present and starring Johnny Depp.