Darkplace Page 2

'Darkplace' was brilliant. The live stage version of the show actually won the Perrier Prize, at the Edinburgh festival, about 5 or 6 years ago. It's a shame the "Dean Lerner" spin-off series was so shite.

There was a Dean Lerner spinoff?

I think they're showing it during the Adult Swim portion, which is when they show all the grown-up cartoons and anime. Most of it is crap but it's nice to think that it will be on. ARG WHY IS THERE NO SECOND SEASON TO IT?!?!?!

Quote: Camo @ November 17, 2007, 2:26 AM

Yes. It wasn't very good either. Pity.

Less than a year old. If what I've heard from others is anything to go by, hopefully you won't get it.

I think they're showing it during the Adult Swim portion, which is when they show all the grown-up cartoons and anime. Most of it is crap but it's nice to think that it will be on. ARG WHY IS THERE NO SECOND SEASON TO IT?!?!?!

I think there was no second series because, from what i heard, it cost a lot to make, more than it was supposed to, and it simply didnt get the viewers to justify the cost.
Which is one reason why I think the Lerner spin-off was a pretty cheap seeming affair. It was good in bits, but just nowhere near in the same class as Darkplace.