Darkplace

...is being aired in the US on Cartoon Network.

Why does that amuse me?
Also, I think the show is better than anyone here says it is... I think I either have bad taste or am disagreeable.

I thought it was much-loved on here?

Cartoon Network?
Ha!
What time is it on?

It was funny, but a little too dark for me. I assume we're talking about Garth Marangies(sp?) Dark Place.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (our in-depth guide) is a proper cult hit over here. Hopefully the Cartoon Network are presenting it in the right way... I imagine some people might not have twigged that it's a spoof.

Quote: Camo @ November 11, 2007, 3:21 PM

Also, I think the show is better than anyone here says it is... I think I either have bad taste or am disagreeable.

People on here generally like it I thought, it was a great, great show and a crying shame it only ran for one series. I always thought that if it carried on then each series the shows format could change, like for the second run the hospital is suddenly on the moon or something with no explanation, and theyre all in lycra, and . . . maybe I think about these things too much.

But yeah, a really great show. Sings 'Im a one track lover . . .'

Oh Matt Berry, how I love thee...
And Ayoade!
And the Padre!

Darkplace wins award for most fit men in one place.

*tries to hide that he has never seen the sho-*

Bugger.

'Ill get the mop . . .'

Alice Lowe FTW! God I love her, well, like. Darkplace was also shown on SCIFI in the US.

Darkplace. Bloody brilliant! I can never understand why it got such a raw deal on Channel 4 when it was one of the best things they produced this decade.

Cartoon Network? I guess they don't just play cartoons. :P Maybe they mistook it for a kids show?

I really really liked this, it's so different the way comedy is derived from the (ficticious) creators comments on the show, and more so from the poor scripting, direction, acting and production values in general.

"You and he were... buddies, weren't you?"
Need I say more. Need I say more.

Yeah when I was a kid after about 9pm they put some weird stuff on, I remember a chat show with some random cartoon supervillian presenting it!!

And Darkplace is great, they need to second series it now.

i thought i would love darkplace but i didn't for some reason. i quite liked it but the tone got a bit repetitive for me.

Quote: paul watson @ November 14, 2007, 2:54 PM

Yeah when I was a kid after about 9pm they put some weird stuff on, I remember a chat show with some random cartoon supervillian presenting it!!

And Darkplace is great, they need to second series it now.

Spaced Ghost, KICKIN' IT COAST TO COAST!