The Television Writers Strike Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ November 7, 2007, 2:50 PM

Big Mac's what?

todger!

Well have too Get u on a proof-reeders cawse has ude be gud at it!!!

Indeed, so I would. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ November 7, 2007, 3:29 PM

Indeed, so I would. ;)

If you move up from proof reader to copy editor I think the rates get better, maybe £12 to 15 per hour for copy editor (free lance)

I have certainly contemplated this but have other irons in the fire at the mo (as well as my full-time job on the bins.. ;))

Fx

It's quite interesting how C4 and other networks in the UK have reacted to the US writers strike. Maybe they should put more into promoting shows by new British writers instead of relying on American imports.

How have they reacted? (Haven't had a chance to keep up with the news much recently)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 7, 2007, 3:32 PM

I have certainly contemplated this but have other irons in the fire at the mo (as well as my full-time job on the bins.. ;))

Fx

Frankie have you been stealing old scripts out of my bins again? There are better ways to make it you know.

Yes, and I did it twice as you seem to have realised!! OK you've edited that double unintendre...

I think nicking old scripts out of bins may be the way forward.. OK maybe not your bin, but I might try a few famous script writers bins.. mmm!

<whistles while emptying another bin into the back of the truck AND typing on his blackberry..>

De-edited it before I saw your response; connection problems last night - double posting, mysql errors and whatnot. Almost like someone was trying to access my computer and steal my current writings...*cough* Frankie...

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 6, 2007, 8:17 PM

Well, that depends on whether you like Lost of not! ;)

American writers (and particularly Hollywood writers) being on strike is worrying me not one jot.

And if they get hungry, they can eat Big Mac's!

America is going through a golden age of television at the minute though, so many quality shows been produced across the pond, Dexter, The Wire, 30 Rock, The Sarah Silverman Program, Pushing Daisies, Friday Night Lights, Heroes, Lost, South Park, Californication, The Office (US), The Sopranos (finished now though), Deadwood and loads more that I can't be bothered to list. If it wasn't for torrents then TV would be pretty shite because Britian hasn't produced anything of that quality for a long long time.

Hollywood writers I'm not too bothered about though.

And Lost did get off the island by the way at the end of last season. :D

That's an interesting list of shows their Martin, for sure!

The Americans have always been good at comedy right from the start of the motion picture business!

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 8, 2007, 7:32 PM

The Americans have always been good at comedy right from the start of the motion picture business!

Yeah Chaplin was amazing ;)

Quote: ajp29 @ November 8, 2007, 7:34 PM

Yeah Chaplin was amazing ;)

And not just him of course, there was also er.. Stan & Ollie.. of course half of them was English..

Sgnt Bilko was my all time favourite American sitcom, also Bewitched, I Love Lucy, Mr Ed ... now you'd have liked that Mr Ed AJP, the star looked jest like yew!!!

Arf! Arf!

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 8, 2007, 7:37 PM

Sgnt Bilko was my all time favourite American sitcom, also Bewitched, I Love Lucy, Mr Ed ... now you'd have liked that Mr Ed AJP, the star looked jest like yew!!!

Hung like a horse aswell ladies ;)

And so fatally damaging to their insides...

Quote: Aaron @ November 8, 2007, 11:07 PM

And so fatally damaging to their insides...

In a good way ladies and men (can't discriminate anymore) ;)

P.S oops forgot pre and post-op transexuals and haemaphrodites ;)