I'm new EG whore time so feedback and view please

I'm Joe Brookes a 20 year old stand up who just starting out after losing my last job as a net annalist. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB9pyi32CBc
This is my first show so any comments and views would be great.

Quote: Joe Brookes @ July 12 2010, 4:52 PM BST

I'm Joe Brookes a 20 year old stand up who just starting out after losing my last job as a net annalist.

Think I might know why you lost that job, Joe...

Quote: David Bussell @ July 12 2010, 5:01 PM BST

Think I might know why you lost that job, Joe...

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I didn't bother watching because I couldn't understand what you were saying in the title.

Fine if you want it said in a way the over 30's can understand.
I am looking for feedback on my first stand up act.
Besides a years worth of 10 pound an hour is more than most 19-20 year old can manage.

Yeah, this pretty much wins the prize for most incomprehensible thread title ever!

I shall leave it unedited for the lols.

Hey Joe,

I enjoyed your set. Are you playing a sort of character or are they your own mannerisms? I only ask as you reminded me ever so slightly of Emo Phillips. I thought you came across to the audience very well which was evidenced when your joke about running from the first brown person bombed and they were still willing to laugh. Good luck.

PS give the guy a break BCGers. Just because he has a shit thread title is no reason not to give this a look.

I'm Joe Brookes a 20 year old stand up who just starting out after losing my last job as a net annalist. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB9pyi32CBc

Hi Joe,

I did have a watch and there's seriously something weird about you that made me watch it. Maybe it's because I was waiting for you to jump of the stage to kill someone.

Anyway, couple of good one liners..." I'm 7!" made me lol!

I would watch that back, see where people REALY laugh and get rid of the rest and write new stuff. That was only your first go! :)

Well done.

Well I liked it. Some of the material is really good and some needs tightening up but you have charisma and a great voice. Good and worthy post, mate!

Fx

Quote: Joe Brookes @ July 12 2010, 5:29 PM BST

Besides a years worth of 10 pound an hour is more than most 19-20 year old can manage.

You're right there!

Quote: EllieJP @ July 12 2010, 8:49 PM BST

Hi Joe,
I did have a watch and there's seriously something weird about you that made me watch it. Maybe it's because I was waiting for you to jump of the stage to kill someone.

Anyway, couple of good one liners..." I'm 7!" made me lol!

Damn I don't hurt anyone when I'm bare handed, not my way but give me a broken pencil and a unsuspecting neck and I can do some damege.
Your'd be surprised how tough a IT class can be when its in the wrong part of town
I was planning the 7 to be 17 as 17s the youngest you can be before charity workers are allowed to get you to sign stuff but I switched it to 7 as some might not get it at first and 7s likely to get just as good a laugh out of those who would get 17 and I can chuck something for those who wouldn't get it also.

Quote: Will Cam @ July 12 2010, 6:59 PM BST

Are you playing a sort of character or are they your own mannerisms? I only ask as you reminded me ever so slightly of Emo Phillips. I thought you came across to the audience very well which was evidenced when your joke about running from the first brown person bombed and they were still willing to laugh. Good luck.

PS give the guy a break BCGers. Just because he has a shit thread title is no reason not to give this a look.

Thanks for the back up, remind me not to have references to cult stuff liked by me and the internet hate machine in later topic titles, didn't go over to well.
I don't know this Phillips and I prefer otaku and even hipster if it comes down to it over emo.
There pretty much my mannerisms but played up a lot.
That last bit about the BMP the bus and stuff like that I'm planing to switch out with new stuff the next time I get up. I felt it was the weakest bit.
I don't think it bombed I just felt that there's nothing that good about it.
Chav's and the BMP are kinda a easy target so maybe its best to keep to one chav joke per act

OK Joe. I watched it and I like the way you kept going and it seemed like the audience wanted to like you.

I'm afraid this thread title means nothing to me but it did make me look because I couldn't make any sense of it.

Also presumably you mean BNP and not BMP - unless this is something else I've never heard of.

And did I miss the joke here?

"my last job as a net annalist".

Is this meant to mean you're obsessive about the internet?

No it means he works on site for the fisheries commission.

Well done Joe. Good effort and idisyncratic style. You certainly didn't seem phased by it. Was it performed to peers at a stand up comedy school kind of thing?

Really good stuff mate! Original material and funny delivery.

(no idea why I felt the need to quote the original post...)

Quote: Joe Brookes @ July 12 2010, 5:29 PM BST

Fine if you want it said in a way the over 30's can understand.
I am looking for feedback on my first stand up act.

What does EG in the thread title stand for, please?

You're funny. Potentially very funny, I think. The best parts, for me, are when you react to your jokes that bomb. The slight resignation with a hint of panic. Anyway like it very much.

I thought that was really good Joe. Are you planning to do more?