Comedy Blog - Please Read!!!

Hi,

I have created a comedy blog aimed at making fun of crap T.V.

I was hoping some fellow writers might take a look, and offer feedback.
More importantly though - I really need more followers of my blog so could you all spread the word if you like what you see?

http://out-of-the-box.tumblr.com/

All feedback is welcome :D

thanks

Quote: Craig Wing @ May 16 2010, 6:06 PM BST

All feedback is welcome :D

Your report on Deal Or No Deal contains a number of factual errors.

For instance, while there are indeed 22 boxes, the contestant's box is opened by Noel. In addition, the contestant can choose to remain seated throughout.

So your statement "22 people stand and in turn open 22 boxes" is erroneous on at least two counts.

I hope this helps.

Thanks - I will fix the offending statement.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 16 2010, 6:39 PM BST

Your report on Deal Or No Deal contains a number of factual errors.

For instance, while there are indeed 22 boxes, the contestant's box is opened by Noel.

Is it always? I'm sure I've seen a few episodes where the contestant opens it. It depends if Noel's feeling mischievious.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 16 2010, 6:39 PM BST

while there are indeed 22 boxes, the contestant's box is opened by Noel.

Also I would like to add that Noel (believe it or not) is himself a person so the statement "22 people... open 22 boxes" applies whether he opens the end box or not.

Thanks though.

there's some nit picking here! Where on earth did poetic license go to? I liked it even though I like Noel

Quote: bushbaby @ May 16 2010, 8:16 PM BST

there's some nit picking here! Where on earth did poetic license go to? I liked it even though I like Noel

There are many views on Noel, and I agree with Armando Ianucci's assertion, that he's a 'bearded cack pixie.'

Thanks bushbaby I am glad you liked it!

DrVole - I LOVE the whole "bearded cack pixie" thing :D

Hey Craig,

I liked it. You're obviously a funny guy and unlike some of the other posters on this thread, quite frankly I don't give a f**k how many boxes they open on Deal or no deal. It's still shit! Maybe they should add a 23rd box, a coffin, and shove that bearded twat Edmonds in, coffee cup and all. In fact I take enormous amounts of pride in not knowing that much about the program. My issue is not with the content of your blog but the concept. It's been done before. I would suggest finding a more original outlet for your obvious talents. Sorry to be a twat but it is a critique thread.

ta ta. Karlos.

Quote: karlosthegreat1 @ May 18 2010, 1:38 AM BST

Hey Craig,

I liked it. You're obviously a funny guy and unlike some of the other posters on this thread, quite frankly I don't give a f**k how many boxes they open on Deal or no deal. It's still shit! Maybe they should add a 23rd box, a coffin, and shove that bearded twat Edmonds in, coffee cup and all. In fact I take enormous amounts of pride in not knowing that much about the program. My issue is not with the content of your blog but the concept. It's been done before. I would suggest finding a more original outlet for your obvious talents. Sorry to be a twat but it is a critique thread.

ta ta. Karlos.

Thanks so much for such kind words - and anyone who makes a joke of Noel can never be a twat in my eyes. :)

I certainly see what you mean about the concept of the blog though :) I just felt comfortable with going with what I know - this being my first blog and all... hopefully my next project shall step up in terms of originality - I have a whole gap year to think that through :)

Gap year?? If by that you mean you're university age then give up the blogging immediately. Anyone in their late teens or earlier 20's cannot possibly be cinical enough to be taken seriously. You haven't had nearly enough time to have the stuffing knocked out of you. Why at your age I still didn't know what it was like to be shat on from a great height, betrayed, lied to or dissapointed. You have to earn the right to moan and it takes time. Be patient my child, your time will come but for the moment leave the moaning to us fat old malcontents to whom life has been so, so unkind. You stick to wearing hooded tops, listening to shit emotional music and sleeping with the kind of girls we'd gladly lose a limb just to sniff. Enjoy the sweet taste of hope and happiness while you can as soon, very soon it will be replaced by the bitter tang of reality.

Remember Cinicism is a slow process brought about by the gradual grinding and wearing down brought about by the harsh conditions of ones environment......oh hang on, I think that's erosion, ah well it's still good.

Quote: karlosthegreat1 @ May 20 2010, 8:36 AM BST

Gap year?? If by that you mean you're university age then give up the blogging immediately. Anyone in their late teens or earlier 20's cannot possibly be cinical enough to be taken seriously. You haven't had nearly enough time to have the stuffing knocked out of you. Why at your age I still didn't know what it was like to be shat on from a great height, betrayed, lied to or dissapointed. You have to earn the right to moan and it takes time. Be patient my child, your time will come but for the moment leave the moaning to us fat old malcontents to whom life has been so, so unkind. You stick to wearing hooded tops, listening to shit emotional music and sleeping with the kind of girls we'd gladly lose a limb just to sniff. Enjoy the sweet taste of hope and happiness while you can as soon, very soon it will be replaced by the bitter tang of reality.

Remember Cinicism is a slow process brought about by the gradual grinding and wearing down brought about by the harsh conditions of ones environment......oh hang on, I think that's erosion, ah well it's still good.

Give up blogging? Never! You said yourself I have an obvious talent, to me age doesn't matter. You liked the blog before you realised I was younger and I am surprisingly miserable for my age. And Christ knows, I bloody love a good moan!

don't worry - I will never attempt to moan about "adult" things but shit TV annoys everyone and anyone. And the blog shall never detail my age anyway - you had no idea how old I was before I posted in this forum so I reckon that I do have a chance to be taken seriously - providing nobody psychic reads my blog.

And believe me I have been shat on from a great height many times before. Bloody birds.....