I read the news today oh boy! Page 123

Quote: DaButt @ May 2 2010, 10:44 PM BST

It could still turn out to be a white, American nutcase.

It might be a tea partier. Those guys are all loopy nutballs.

Quote: chipolata @ May 2 2010, 10:47 PM BST

It might be a tea partier. Those guys are all loopy nutballs.

Wrong. Just like it's wrong to say that all liberals are communist nutjobs who are itching for a job on the death panels.

Is it? I'm just itching to be on one of those 'death panels.'

Quote: DaButt @ May 2 2010, 10:54 PM BST

Wrong. Just like it's wrong to say that all liberals are communist nutjobs who are itching for a job on the death panels.

Fair enough. But that movement does have some pretty extreme elements being egged on by irresponsible and hysterical elements of the media. It can only be a matter of time before one of them takes their protest up a notch.

Quote: chipolata @ May 2 2010, 11:00 PM BST

But that movement does have some pretty extreme elements being egged on by irresponsible and hysterical elements of the media. It can only be a matter of time before one of them takes their protest up a notch.

The exact same thing could be said about the movement on the left. There are extremists on both sides and I'd wager that the ratio of nutcases to normal folks in each movement is about the same. It's your internal filter and your choice of news outlets that makes one seem worse than the other.

Quote: DaButt @ May 2 2010, 11:25 PM BST

It's your internal filter and your choice of news outlets that makes one seem worse than the other.

Fox News makes Republicans look bad.

Quote: Kenneth @ May 3 2010, 10:37 AM BST

Fox News makes Republicans look bad.

Fox News makes humans look bad. Although I see they're looking for a white middle aged guy now so what's the betting its a particularly over zealous Glenn Beck fan.

Nice work!

A British army sniper helped save his commander and set a new sharpshooting record after killing two Taliban machine gunners in Afghanistan from a mile-and-a-half away.

Corporal of Horse Craig Harrison fired his consecutive shots from such a long distance that they took almost three seconds to reach their targets.

This was despite the 8.59mm bullets leaving the barrel of his rifle at almost three times the speed of sound.

The distance to his two targets was 8,120ft, or 1.54 miles - according to a GPS system - and about 3,000ft beyond the weapon's effective range.

The 35-year-old beat the previous sniper kill record of 7,972ft, set by a Canadian soldier who shot dead an al Qaeda gunman in March 2002.

Speaking about the incident, Cpl of Horse Harrison said: "The first round hit a machine gunner in the stomach and killed him outright. He went straight down and didn't move.

"The second insurgent grabbed the weapon and turned as my second shot hit him in the side. He went down, too. They were both dead."

The serviceman then fired a third and final round to ensure the machine gun was out of action.

http://tinyurl.com/2u8e4y5

Bloody hell, DaButt, America beaten by Britain and Canada in the Sniper Shoot Offs!

Quote: chipolata @ May 4 2010, 5:38 PM BST

Bloody hell, DaButt, America beaten by Britain and Canada in the Sniper Shoot Offs!

We aren't afraid to get close enough to whack 'em with M4s. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ May 4 2010, 5:54 PM BST

We aren't afraid to get close enough to whack 'em with M4s. ;)

They're allright if your fighting Eskimos, but go up against Britain or Canada and we'll take you out before you get close enough to unbuckle your M4s.

Cool

Quote: chipolata @ May 4 2010, 5:59 PM BST

They're allright if your fighting Eskimos, but go up against Britain or Canada and we'll take you out before you get close enough to unbuckle your M4s.

I think you guys already tried that once or twice. ;)

Unless they've made drastic changes in rifle design recently, M4s don't have buckles.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/8660449.stm

NICE!!!

Ha

Quote: bigfella @ May 4 2010, 9:43 PM BST

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/8660449.stm

I can't stop laughing about a town named Birdlip. Is it near Snakefinger and Whalefoot?