Finding a writing partner...

Hi all,

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong section but...

I'm looking for a creative writing partner to work on an exciting (if still quite embryonic) project.

So does anyone have advice on the best way to go about this? Is this the best place do find people... or are there any other websites / organisations I should try?

I'm London based and have all the usual white middle class aspiring writer influences (Seinfeld, Spaced, Partridge, Office(s), Arrested Development etc.).

If you can point me in the right direction or are interested in chatting yourself, let me know...

Cheers!

Chris Wave

i put an ad on mandy.com and got loads of responses and I'm currently working with someone... try that :)

Talk us though the 'exciting' - that might swing it for you here. Why exciting?

Hi there, take a look at my vvv short premises on my website I'm always interested in collaborating www.jimmyturner.vpweb.co.uk

Hell in a Handbasket, is just a short sample, but I've been told it's funny, so is 'A Cabbie in Auld Reekie' and 'Sleeping Seagulls' and 'Opportunity Knocks'. 'Kinky Boss is more of a drama with a shock (but funny) ending.

Hi there fella,

have been looking for a writing partner myself, the same as you I have an idea in the embryonic stage and am not sure what direction to take it in. If you would like to get together on msn or skype to bounce some ideas around that would be great. James

Cheers for the responses :)

@Maffew - Cool, I'll give Mandy a go.

@Marcp - I'm reluctant to say too much for obvious reasons but it's a show that could be marketed in quite a unique way. I also just like the basic concept - it's the kind of thing myself and friends would give a chance, which is as good a any yardstick I guess!

@James - Cheers, I'll check 'em out.

@Headlikeaf**kingorange - I'll msg ya.

I been flirting with the idea of a partner for sometime. Give me a shout.

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ May 10 2010, 4:52 PM BST

I been flirting with the idea of a partner for sometime. Give me a shout.

You haven't grasped flirting. Flirt with your partner, not at the idea of them.
;)

I decided to accept an offer to co-write a script last year, wasted a lot of time and effort on it.
Am now very suspicious about people who look to collaborate, think if somebody is looking for a person to co-write it's because they can't write or have had their humour glands removed.

Quote: hey nonny @ May 11 2010, 7:51 PM BST

I decided to co-write a script last year.
Now think if somebody is looking to co-write it's because they can't write or have had their humour glands removed.

Hmmm, I think the concept of the creative writing team is fairly proven so there's not much to debate here.

Personally, I've tried both writing on own and with a partner. It's more productive (and more enjoyable) when you've got someone to bounce ideas off. What's not so easy is finding someone who is both on the same wavelength and also willing to commit the time / energy that we all know is required to put a script together.

Perhaps with someone to consult at your disposal, you might have managed to contribute a more coherent point ;)