Audio editing programs?

Any recommendations? Something cheap (free), easy and effective.

It's for recording sketches.

Thanks.

Kristal media is a great audio mixing and recording program

Cheers Adam. Me and Ellie are recording that Cat & Dog sketch I wrote.

I hear good things about Audacity.

i use goldwave. http://www.goldwave.com/

there's a free trial of the GoldWave Digital Audio Editor, which is what you want. get a good mic though! pick one up for around £20 on e-bay.

Ah yes Nick, I forgot about that. Cheers I'll check it out.

I use Cool Edit, have done for ages, it's what I record and edit my podcasts on.

I use Wavepad, there's a free version and it does the job. Haven't tried anything else so have nothing to compare it with.

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/faq.html

Thanks guys!

Wavelab Lite?

Hi,

I didn't know there were so many podcasters in. We started with Audacity, it's free and quite good but slow for longer recordings. i use Cool Edit and really like it. It's not free but you might get it cheap. I hear Adobe audition is really good, but expensive.

Just got an edirol R-09 Digital recorder, really good little thing.

John

Purple Comedy.

Leevil I have a copy of Cool Edit i could *cough* you on WL*cough* in exchange for some cough medicine mind. ;)

Cool Edit / Audition (they're the same thing) is generally the most used tool in radio (from my limited experience).
You can download it for free but you would probably be doing something cheeky-rude via (insertnamehere)torret.
Audacity is free to download and does the job - just perhaps not aswell as Audition.

Seeing as theres alot of talk about recording in recent threads i'd thought I should bump this thread.

Just click on this link to get Kristal Media

Its a great program and easy to use and its free \o/

P.S. When you install it make sure you select the personal/education use option.

I use Windows movie maker, which asls does audio... This man fixed my computer, and when I got it back it was just on there...