Harry Potter - gut oder böse

This is based on a joke I wrote a year or two ago to submit to the website Sickipedia. It's not meant to cause offence :$

OPENS TO A NEWSREADER, SAT BEHIND DESK

NEWSREADER
More controversy from the Vatican today, as Pope Benedict XVI has once again blasted author J.K Rowling's Harry Potter series. We go now to reporter Michael Johnson with the story

CUTS TO REPORTER AT VATICAN

REPORTER
It was 2003, when Cardinal Ratzinger sent a letter to author Gabriele Kuby, who published a book named
"Harry Potter - gut oder böse" or "Harry Potter - Good or evil?". The book claims that the Harry potter series
corrupts our youth, and gives them ambitions they wouldn't normally have.
I spoke to Priest John Evans today, to find out what he thought.

VIDEO TAPE OF INTERVIEW

REPORTER
So, what is your view on the Harry Potter series?

PRIEST
Well, I think it's important to remember, that unlike our former Popes' issue with the series, this problem is not based within the idea of witchcraft or black magic, but something much more evil that we feel should be halted immediately.

REPORTER
Are you suggesting that the books be removed from shelves, and the production of the films halted?

PRIEST
I think it's vital for that to happen, as it gives the child readers dreams of something that can never become reality

REPORTER
Thankyou, back to you in the studio.

CUTS BACK TO STUDIO

NEWSREADER
Well what do you think? Send in your e-mails now, and let us know, Do you disagree with the Catholic church and believe anything is possible? Or do you agree, that even in fiction, a ginger could never pull Emma Watson?

How do, JL - I thought I'd comment as no-one else has as of yet.

It's nicely written and such but there's a fundamental issue. It looks to me as though there's one joke in the entire sketch, and, if you're doing that, that one joke has to be phenomenal.

It's an ok joke, but perhaps try to craft it into a short joke rather than hang the rest of the sketch off it.

Only my opinion though chief, but it';s back at the top for comment now at least Smarmy

It's far to much build up for a decidedly one note punch.

Too much explanation as well.

Thanks for your input, I do agree that it is rather too long to have only one joke.

Here's the original;

"I would have to agree with the Pope when he says that the Harry Potter novels sends out the wrong messages to children.

A ginger being able to pull Emma Watson?

Disgraceful."

I just wanted to try and find a way to fit it into a script, perhaps having it at that length wasn't the best idea, although as it's the first of my jokes I've re-done as a sketch, I think it could work, I'm going to re-write it and add a few more funnies in

The second version is excelent, crisp and works well.

I'd stick with that one.

I echo Sooty - grand joke.