Backstage Page 3

Quote: Dan Pearce @ April 8 2010, 10:13 PM BST

I very much hope I get a sort of Get Cotter soon haha :P

thank you very much for all of your feedback so far, I appologise for showing old material, although I do appreciate the feedback, and I hope you enjoy my new material which will be coming thick and fast very soon :)

Many Thanks,

Dan

Amazing; yesterday you hadn't heard of Marc P. "I don't know any Marc P?" Now you are familiar with his work and his association with Cotter. Well done you. It must be the school holidays.

Quote: Empty @ April 8 2010, 11:37 PM BST

Amazing; yesterday you hadn't heard of Marc P. "I don't know any Marc P?" Now you are familiar with his work and his association with Cotter. Well done you. It must be the school holidays.

It is called research my friend, something you may not be familiar with? obviously not! and the school holidays and college jibes are really um... playground?! I think that myself and James have the maturity of men way above our ages, maybe you should follow suit? and stop being bitter and trashing everybody, and what they do?! just a thought, we are all aware of the need to improve etc, but we have confidence and faith in our own talents, and we believe we can make it, infact I know I can, and it is people like yourself that spur me on even more to show you, so please, either grow up, or move on.... off of my threads please.

thanks,

Dan

Ah the dangers of a critique forum.....
Empty - You do appear to be looking for a fight, has Dan rubbed you up the wrong way?
Dan - I did watch the intial video, and like it has already been said, it is pretty much just you doing, what is a reasonable good, impression of David Brent. I know it was awhile ago and I'm sure you have grown as a actor since then. Post up some new stuff and let is have a look at that. no real point in getting feedback on work that has already been completed some time ago.

Personally, Dan, I'd go against what everyone is saying. If it's something you want feedback on, it shouldn't matter whether it's old or not. I fear the problem is more that why should the nice readers of this board bother giving an appraisal when it's something you've simply pulled from the shelf.

Of course, just as likely perhaps, is that this is your best work and you want to know if it's a route you should stick to etc.

Next time don't tell 'em ;)

Quote: Dan Pearce @ April 9 2010, 12:02 AM BST

I think that myself and James have the maturity of men way above our ages

That I can agree with. You both conduct yourselves with grace and restraint that is laudible even when you've been on the end of a few comments which have been aimed at the poster and not the posted work. I'm not thinking of specifically now, but in the past too. Keep it up as it does win you a certain sense of admiration from others. Maintain your habit of keeping your retorts impersonal.

Quote: Jon Pearson @ April 9 2010, 9:17 AM BST

Empty - You do appear to be looking for a fight, has Dan rubbed you up the wrong way?

My sex life is so bad I'd even settle for being rubbed up the wrong way, let alone the right way.

I fear Empty is very much like Anakin Skywalker - the comedy force is strong with him but the dark side is fighting for him. Personally, I'm optimistic. I think he's going to become a BCG jedi, cutting swathes through Critique with a newly-acquired and legendary diplomacy as well as his often noted incisive clarity ... before Obi Wan Aaron is forced to weild the ban sabre.

Quote: Mark Froggett @ April 9 2010, 9:30 AM BST

If it's something you want feedback on, it shouldn't matter whether it's old or not. Don't tell 'em next time.

Yes but the problem is when a crit is then offered the defence becomes; "Yes, but it's old material." I think people aren't pleased to offer a crit and then have it dismissed out-of-hand because it's 'old stuff.' Kinda defeats the object of asking for a crit. Either post up the old stuff and accept the crit as if it were a new piece (which to us, it is) or post new stuff so that the retreat to 'old stuff' is irrelevant.

Aye SlagA, that's a fair point. I reckon feel free to post your older stuff, but it can only be judged today, not retrospectively, so stay out of your shells.

Front up.

Let me just clarify:

The Star Wars analogy above is meant to be humourous. The Anakin Skywalker I was describing was the mature man of Episodes 2+3, not the child of episode 1.

My apologies if other users got the wrong mental image of me or Empty.
:)

Anyone backing this today?

eh?

It could be a winner. ;)

Well it didn't fall at the first hurdle. But wasn't much of a runner in the end.

Quote: Marc P @ April 11 2010, 9:41 AM BST

Well it didn't fall at the first hurdle. But wasn't much of a runner in the end.

what do you mean? lol

There was a Horse called Backstage running in the Grand National.

Has Empty gone then?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 13 2010, 10:36 AM BST

Has Empty gone then?

I think he's working on a review of James' latest teaser trailer.

Can you delete your own account now?