Backstage Page 2

Quote: Dan Pearce @ April 7 2010, 10:23 PM BST

I think that the fact we have worked together does show within our work a little but I feel the effect is a positive one, as do many others, but like James said we work seperately all of the time and together once in a blue moon in the grand scheme of things

Ok, so many others think you are both brilliant, and I think you're deluded? Fine. Good luck.

Quote: Empty @ April 7 2010, 10:24 PM BST

Ok, so many others think you are both brilliant, and I think you're deluded? Fine. Good luck.

I never said brilliant? deluded? possibly, but I have faith in my own abilities and talents and will pursue them, can I see some of your work please?

Dan

Quote: Empty @ April 7 2010, 10:24 PM BST

I think you are both brilliant. Good luck.

:D Thanks.

This was competent but a bit empty and unegaging, can we see something more upto date?

Quote: sootyj @ April 7 2010, 10:31 PM BST

This was competent but a bit empty and unegaging, can we see something more upto date?

Of course, there are a few more here at www.danpearcecomedy.com

and www.youtube.com/dpearce1

Quote: Dan Pearce @ April 7 2010, 10:27 PM BST

I never said brilliant? deluded? possibly, but I have faith in my own abilities and talents and will pursue them, can I see some of your work please?

Dan

No, you'll just have to be guided by your own faith and ignore those you have no faith in. Who I am is irrelevant to you. I am your audience. If you need to see the work of your audience before you listen to them, then, as I say... good luck.

Quote: James Cotter @ April 7 2010, 10:29 PM BST

:D Thanks.

Not what I posted, but you take comfort where you can. This forum is ethereal. You wish for the reality.

Quote: Empty @ April 7 2010, 10:34 PM BST

Not what I posted, but you take comfort where you can. This forum is ethereal. You wish for the reality.

It was a joke. Come on cheer up :)

can we please bring this thread back to me lol

Dan. I haven't looked at the piece. As soon as I read that it was old I didn't bother. I'm interested why do you want feedback on something you did in the past?

Its like Tiger Woods preparing for tommorows Masters by looking at videos of his swing from two years ago not this afternoon's practice round!

Look to the future, not your past.

Note - I'm full aware that someone will change the Tiger stuff to something about swinging and rude videos. Most likely it will be Chip.

Quote: bigfella @ April 7 2010, 10:46 PM BST

Dan. I haven't looked at the piece. As soon as I read that it was old I didn't bother. I'm interested why do you want feedback on something you did in the past?

Its like Tiger Woods preparing for tommorows Masters by looking at videos of his swing from two years ago not this afternoon's practice round!

Note - I'm full aware that someone will change the Tiger stuff to something about swinging and rude videos. Most likely it will be Chip.

Ok thanks very much

Quote: bigfella @ April 7 2010, 10:46 PM BST

Oi! I do the childish changing of other people's postings.

Dan you seemed to be a talented actor and producer and some of the dialogue you've written is quite neat. But the 2 bits you are showing; 1 is old and long, the other is clearly a college assignment.

Niether show the originality I'm sure you've got within you. I'd suggest write some fresh stuff film it and take it from there.

I'm echoing the essence of the comments here. The Gervais parody is not bad in that you capture excellently his speech patterns. That is an art but it doesn't show off your true talents.

Personally, show us newer less derivative material, that way you avoid debate that you then have to fend off because the material is admittedly old and derivative.

:)

Quote: Empty @ April 7 2010, 9:27 PM BST

Doubtless Marc P will be along soon to edit your "showreel" and tell you you're brilliant.

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Marc P @ April 8 2010, 12:56 PM BST

Whistling nnocently

I very much hope I get a sort of Get Cotter soon haha :P

thank you very much for all of your feedback so far, I appologise for showing old material, although I do appreciate the feedback, and I hope you enjoy my new material which will be coming thick and fast very soon :)

Many Thanks,

Dan