Mo

Did anyone else watch this on C4?

I thought Julie Walters did a great job playing Mo Mowlam. All the cast were good and the writing wasn't too bad either.

A good tribute to the only MP that I can say I honestly liked.

Quote: David Carmon @ February 1 2010, 2:44 AM GMT

...the only MP that I can say I honestly liked.

The only one? Why'd you like only her?

She seemed fairly normal and reasonably honest. Plus she had a fun sense of humour and didn't really care what people thought of her :)

Have to agree, she WAS A NORMAL PERSON. won't go into modern day pols. Its a costly affair.

Mo was a one off, N Ireland had never seen another like her since, and never will.

Fab portrayal by Ms Walters, well done again Julie, and thanks MO for being you.

I didn't mind her, and her death was a sad loss, but I did find her "I'm just a normal person" shtick a bit tiresome. There are loads of MPs who are "normal" people, they just don't ram it down our throats every five minutes.

Julie Walters was on top form as was the wonderful David Haig. I really enjoyed this and thought the whole production was brilliant.

I would have liked to see Mel Smith play her.

Missed it completely, and didn't spot it in my TV guide either. Will look out for a repeat though.

Quote: chipolata @ February 1 2010, 11:33 AM GMT

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: David Carmon @ February 1 2010, 7:39 AM GMT

She seemed fairly normal and reasonably honest. Plus she had a fun sense of humour and didn't really care what people thought of her :)

You could say that about a lot of MPs, just not cabinet ministers.

Quote: chipolata @ February 1 2010, 11:33 AM GMT

Laughing out loud

Griff Rhys Jones as her partner. It could work.