Lunch Monkeys - Series 1 Page 13

Sitcom Critic must have some state-of-the-art comedy measuring equipment to have detected these tiny improvements. ;)

Brief and poorly scripted appearance by the sublime Kulvinder Ghir this week. This show wastes great actors.

The pregnant Britney woman is very annoying now. Her character is toneless.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 26 2009, 7:51 PM BST

Sitcom Critic must have some state-of-the-art comedy measuring equipment to have detected these tiny improvements. ;)

I guess I'm just nice :)... I wanted it to do well from the start so I guess I am a bit biased :O ... but there are people that like this comedy, but I think there's alway a handful of sitcoms that do what this is doing, nothing new and exciting about it, but it does fit in to BBC Three nicely, something to watch on iPlayer when I'm bored.

Quote: sitcom critic @ September 28 2009, 12:48 AM BST

I wanted it to do well from the start so I guess I am a bit biased

We all did. Seems you're the only one who's not been terribly disappointed. But then, as you say, perhaps you're a bit biased.

Quote: sitcom critic @ September 28 2009, 12:48 AM BST

I guess I'm just nice :)... I wanted it to do well from the start so I guess I am a bit biased :O ... but there are people that like this comedy, but I think there's alway a handful of sitcoms that do what this is doing, nothing new and exciting about it, but it does fit in to BBC Three nicely, something to watch on iPlayer when I'm bored.

Yes, there's nothing I like better than watching something mediocre when I'm bored. Who are the people who like this comedy? And when are they due out of their collective coma?

I still think if it was in front of an audience it might actually cause someone to laugh.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ September 28 2009, 5:39 PM BST

I still think if it was in front of an audience it might actually cause someone to laugh.

Not even if the BBC filled the studio with nitrous oxide...

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 28 2009, 2:34 PM BST

Yes, there's nothing I like better than watching something mediocre when I'm bored. Who are the people who like this comedy? And when are they due out of their collective coma?

You're quite the comedian, you might want to write a sitcom yourself.

Quote: sitcom critic @ September 29 2009, 12:41 AM BST

You're quite the comedian, you might want to write a sitcom yourself.

You're very protective of this programme, sitcom critic. Did you write it or something?!

I hope he did.

Quote: Ronnie Anderson @ September 29 2009, 9:40 AM BST

I hope he did.

I bet he did!

Isaacs remembered to write some jokes this week. Can't for the life of me remember what they were, so they can't have been all that great, but I do at least recall laughing a few times.

Still though, previous comments stand. Too dry and gag-less. Should have been in front of an audience. Etc.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 29 2009, 7:40 AM BST

You're very protective of this programme, sitcom critic. Did you write it or something?!

hah okay I do like the thing but no I didn't write it. o and my last comment on this thread would be suck my slightly lumpy genitalia.. perhaps this can be written in to a sitcom.

Quote: sitcom critic @ October 4 2009, 1:08 AM BST

o and my last comment on this thread would be suck my slightly lumpy genitalia.. perhaps this can be written in to a sitcom.

Now there's no need to descend to the level of personal abuse, is there?

*goes off to write sitcom about the lives and loves of the clerical staff in a run-of-the-mill urology clinic, Lumpy Lunch-Box Monkeys*

Recommissioned.