Annoying Office Cliches Page 2

Touching Base - Argh!
Another idea for the pot

Our office isn't like most offices. It's really laid back.

You don't really hear office cliches... everyone is down to Earth and not poncy at all. We come in in casual wear and do our job, work late if we need to, then go home. Most people are friends here and have been to each other's weddings/parties.

Quote: EllieJP @ January 15 2010, 10:43 AM GMT

You don't really hear office cliches... everyone is down to Earth and not poncy at all. We come in in casual wear and do our job, work late if we need to, then go home. Most people are friends here and have been to each other's weddings/parties.

Sounds f**king awful! Bad working environments are kind of weirdly fun.

"I want this done by close of play".

Just say the end of the day you wankshaft.

Quote: Griff @ January 15 2010, 1:50 PM GMT

These are brilliant! Why has no-one pointed these out before? Someone should write them down and make a book out of them. They'd make a fortune. If it was still the Nineties.

"If it was still the nineties" is such a noughties phrase!

Same here but we have to wear a shirt, that's the great things about smaller companies, if I need to pick up my car or something, I can leave a few hours early, I love my company!

Sounds like the most terrifyingly passive agressive place.

Quote: chipolata @ January 15 2010, 10:44 AM GMT

Sounds f**king awful! Bad working environments are kind of weirdly fun.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

110%

PMA

Smile

Dobins

Quote: Paul W @ January 15 2010, 2:01 PM GMT

Same here but we have to wear a shirt, I love my company!

Um - sounds a bit kinky!

I am often finding myself apolosing to people if I am away from desk when they ring and so I ring them up and I start the conversation with 'sorry I missed your call'. But I have recently adpoted the school of thought that apolgising so much is not doing anything for myself confidence so henceforth this office cliche will be one of the past. Touched nearby wooden bookshelf.

Quote: IT David @ January 16 2010, 1:16 AM GMT

I am often finding myself apolosing to people if I am away from desk when they ring and so I ring them up and I start the conversation with 'sorry I missed your call'. But I have recently adpoted the school of thought that apolgising so much is not doing anything for myself confidence so henceforth this office cliche will be one of the past. Touched nearby wooden bookshelf.

Are you pissed?

:|

I'm coming! Let's see what happens