"Back To You"

No.

EDIT: Sorry this is Kelsey Grammer's new sitcom on FOX.

http://www.fox.com/backtoyou/

Have I missed something here Leevil?

there is a thread slightly lower.

And well - no... not really.

The only clue to this being a sitcom is the damn awful canned laughed, which laughs at nothing. I really didn't raise one smile, not even at the sight of Kelsey, who even makes me laugh in Frasier when just looking at him.

There really is a huge difference in quality between the two shows. I shouldn't really judge it on one episode, the first episode as well, but really, it was nothing, just crappy cast and just, watch 30 Rock, much better behind the scenes comedy.

Kelsey you are either Frasier or Sideshow Bob, which is not a bad thing by a long way.

My impression so far is that it's not going anywhere. Just Kelsey Grammer pondering his life as he found out he fathered a daughter. And in Episode 3 he gets the chance to be a part of her life, and bails as it's too early in the morning for him to go to her sports activities on a Saturday. I'm losing interest rapidly. It's not turning out to be a good show. Still, who knows what will happen given time.

From variety.com

Fox orders full season of Kelsey Grammer/Patricia Heaton news comedy "Back to You": Pickup at 11. Demonstrating its strong belief in the laffer - despite early low numbers - Fox added an addition two segs to the traditional "back nine." With the 11-seg order, "Back to You" will complete its first season with 24 episodes in the can.

Just tried giving this show another shot because like Leevil I like Kelsey Grammer in other stuff. It also has a few other comedians that i normally like too. This show is just terrible though. Unfunny to the core. I think the problem was this show is that Fox went "let's find a script to stick all these Republican voting actors in, oh here's one it's about newscasters or something let's role with it".
This only fuels my theory that Republican Conservatives are not funny people.

Quote: Curt @ March 26, 2008, 4:29 AM

This only fuels my theory that Republican Conservatives are not funny people.

Have you read any of PJ O'Rourke? He may be the exception that proves the rule?

No I have not, I'll try to get my hands on some. Thanks.
EDIT: just watched a few interviews with him. Clever and funny. hmmmmm i should probably find some of his writing.

'All The Trouble In The World' is my favourite. Closely followed by 'The CEO Of The Sofa' and 'Holidays In Hell'.

He's that refreshing sort of Republican. A drinker, a smoker. Someone who actually visits countries around the world before making any sort of judgement about the problems that they might be causing the world. And he always does it with a self-depreciating modesty. He's also probably the funniest American writer around.