Heil Five Page 2

Yes, it happened to me once. But it rectified itself. Sometimes UTube throws a wobbly. I've not had a prob with your stuff uploading, David.

Very good. Give the man some skin :P

Fantastic David. Perhaps you could do a series featuring other fascist dictators?

Franco, what a guy! His stand-up was hilarious.

Like the Heil 5 trailer.

Watched the Quicklime about The Suicide Bomber, really like your delivery and the choice of graphics.

Thanks very much for your comments, all. I've uploaded it again for anyone still having trouble, so here's the new link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj_EV3Z0Keo

David, don't beat yourself up over this. It's not you, it's me.

Wohooo...it worked on my work computer! Nice one David! Give the man some skin -excellent!!!!

HIGH FIVE!

I really loved that. I'm studying Fascism in theory and practice - and that just made it funnier. The narration was crisp and clear, the images well used and I thought it was great.

Managed to watch it - at last, and well worth the wait. Very understated and very funny. Mel Brooks has made a good living out of Hitler so why shouldn't you.

Out of interest, did you ever come across an image of Adolf giving anyone a warm embrace? If there is one of those it could give rise to a 'hug a Nazi' in the same way David Cameron tried to get us to hug a hoodie. Idiot.

This really was very good.

Seinfeld - 'The Dealership'

JERRY: No. He keeps asking me to give him a high-five.
ELAINE: I thought all guys do that.
JERRY: Slapping hands is the lowest form of male primate ritual. In fact, even some of them have moved on - they’re using sign language now.
ELAINE: Is that bad?
JERRY: What do you think the Nazis were doin’? (Imitates the Nazi’s salute) That was the heil-five. [visibly corpsing at this point]
ELAINE: (Pointing out) Isn’t that from your act, like, ten years ago?
JERRY: (Slightly embarrassed) It was a good bit in the ‘80’s, and it’s still relatable today.

Um, did I just get owned? I don't know this guy. I consider myself a Seinfeld fan, but I don't know this bit. Did I accidentally rip off his stuff or is this guy just hurting? Do let me know.

Shit it. I just did go google it, and yes, it is right there in a Seinfeld script. I kind of had a feeling it was too good to be true when I thought of it. Naturally I will now f**k my own skull out. Good bye sirs.

This is good. I laughed in three places but felt seedy afterwards.

I reckon you could flog this to Channel 5 as an ident.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 12, 2007, 11:46 PM

Um, did I just get owned? I don't know this guy. I consider myself a Seinfeld fan, but I don't know this bit. Did I accidentally rip off his stuff or is this guy just hurting? Do let me know.

The joke has been done before I'm afraid.

Quote: Seefacts @ October 13, 2007, 9:59 AM

The joke has been done before I'm afraid.

But does it really matter? I saw 'The Producers' last night whch not only was it as brilliant as all the hype said it would be, Mel Brooks also utilised an old Woody Allen joke about his life flashing before his eyes before realising that it wasn't his life. Still funny and it didn't ruin the show.

As for 'Heil Five', well, this was a nice expansion on Seinfeld's joke and it was done beautifully. OK, while it's a bit of a choker to find what you once thought was an original idea wasn't, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it because your visual take on the theme was original in itself.