Films involving coming back from heaven. Page 2

Highway to Heaven.

Quote: Griff @ December 17 2009, 8:04 PM GMT

I'm sure you know this but Faustian refers to stories where someone literally or metaphorically makes a pact with the devil, rather than visiting hell/heaven.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 17 2009, 8:15 PM GMT

Like Bedazzled.

Or Faust.

Quote: Moonstone @ December 17 2009, 8:46 PM GMT

There used to be this American program on that my mum used to watch all the time. I was only wee though and I can't remember anything that happened, but it was about this guy with long hair who roamed around doing good stuff. He was supposed to be literally an angel, think he was called Johnathon but not sure. What the hell was this or has my mind with its weird ways gone and made it all up? :/

Maybe 'Michael' with John Travolta?

There was a really boring version set in the Westcountry

Highway to Devon.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ December 17 2009, 8:47 PM GMT

Is it the one with Michael Brandon/Landon the one from Little House on the Prairie.

EDIT

Highway to Heaven
Michael Landon.

Yes, after Google imaging I do believe it was! Thanks Steve.

Quote: sootyj @ December 17 2009, 8:47 PM GMT

Highway to Heaven.

You just copied off Steve Unimpressed

Quote: AngieBaby @ December 17 2009, 10:43 PM GMT

Maybe 'Michael' with John Travolta?

:S When was that on?

Quote: Ming the Mirthless @ December 17 2009, 6:10 PM GMT

Aren't Bangsian fantasies concerned with life after death in Heaven/Hell/Limbo/etc rather than about going there and coming back?

Probably. Though anything to do with the afterlife could be termed Bangsian.

Does Dogma count?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 18 2009, 1:26 AM GMT

Does Dogma count?

Surely that's more a state of limbo/purgatory type of film? In the same sort of way that Groundhog Day is.

Would "Wings of Desire" count....errr....that's more of an angel thing isn't it? But it's an angel coming to earth.

Huh...well, that was a guess. Poorly executed guess to boot. :P

Quote: Kenneth @ December 18 2009, 1:20 AM GMT

Probably. Though anything to do with the afterlife could be termed Bangsian.

Some might use 'Bangsian' to describe any film to do with the afterlife but most would use it only to describe a film in which all or most of the action took place in Heaven/Hell/etc.

The point is it that it's not a special name for the type of film which has the protagonist going to heaven (or hell), and then going/being sent back down to earth for some reason.

Good point.