What makes you laugh?

Having lost my writing partner to the BBC and dragged myself back to BS, I thought it was time for a new topic. Heya again, everyone!

What is it that inspires you to write? What kind of humour do you enjoy best? How does this relate to your own style of writing?

Finding someone who's looking for a new writing partner.

I like all sorts -
Clever - One Foot in the Grave
Smartarse - QI or Have I got News
Stupid - Father Ted or IT Crowd.

Count Arthur Strong at the moment.

Wildjesusfishkid, that's a pretty crazy icon.

You like?

Yeah. Actually. I've sat here for five minutes looking at it.

Quote: David Chapman @ October 8, 2007, 10:58 PM

Finding someone who's looking for a new writing partner.

That inspires you or makes you laugh?

Yes.

Finding a writing partner is difficult. It makes me more prone to tears. I'm so used to being isolated. Prison is so cruel. I shall never cycle at night without lights again.

Finding a 'good' writing partner is difficult ;)

Lucy, I've never had one. I can't find anybody. I have a friend who used to work at a comedy club. He knows several comedy people and I;'ve asked him if he can ask them for advice but to no avail.

Quote: Lucy @ October 8, 2007, 11:18 PM

Finding a 'good' writing partner is difficult ;)

So why did your partner leave you?

Wild, check out the writers directory. I'm guessing you're on it - I sometimes get e-mails through about collaboration. Really it's an acquaintances thing. But even then - finding someone who shares a similar sense of humour and you can stand to work with ;)

Then again - I wouldn't say collaboration was everything - often it's best when contemplating the formative stages of a project and you can bounce ideas off another person... But arguments happen when you start getting to details.

David - it was a while ago now, he was drafted in with another writer to do a serious pilot.

Or that's what he told me anyway. It was a gradual thing. I think we both knew it had to end at some point. One night I found another draft I hadn't seen and that was it. I confronted him about it. He pleaded but I could tell he was lying. I killed him and buried him in my garden.
So... You looking for another collaborator or are you ok for the mo?

Quote: Lucy @ October 8, 2007, 11:29 PM

David - it was a while ago now, he was drafted in with another writer to do a serious pilot.

Is he an Air Steward?

Without a sense of humour?

I may be looking but don't tell Charley.

No - not really. But it would be interesting to see some of your bits.

Baggage handler.

"But it would be interesting to see some of your bits." ... Are we talking .DOC and .PDF or .GIF and .JPG...?!

I'm 82.

And dyslexic I hope - numerically.