Other People - C4 2007 Comedy Showcase Page 2

This could be a series.

Get him on a where are they now show, have the Indian lady teach him new tricks, then follow it with a I'm a Celebrity Parody.

Watch him climb the celebrity ladder. Meeting other celebrities on the way who thought he was "A f**king wanker" of a kid.

Chuck in a love interest.

There's plenty of stuff to play with.

Pretty good that, pleasantly surprised. Some good lines and good all round performances.

"What did you do to her now?"

Laughing out loud

Is there a cast list about anywhere?

damn, i missed this. anyone know if its being repeated. i cant get 4od.

Probably not Johnny, but I'll keep an eye out.

I enjoyed that, the lawyer character was very good, dont know how they would keep him in if it went to a series, but I think they should. Thought it was really nicely shot too.

Quote: Dave Saunders @ October 6, 2007, 5:50 AM

Is there a cast list about anywhere?

Martin Freeman: Greg Wilson
Nicholas Burns: The lawyer
Siobhan Finneran: The autograph hunter
John Fortune: The judge
Matt Green: Greg's boss
Phil Davis: Copper with the beard (I think?!?)

I thought it was okay...but I loved the bit which Nicholas Burns saying he was International rescue XD

Oh well. Looks like I'm in the minority - again.

Thought it was excellent and certainly deserves a series if the writer can come up with the goods.

The situation was fairly original and there were several good supporting characters such as the copper, the lawyer and the boss. The laughs thinned out a little in the second half but still genuinely enjoyable.

I don't know what you guys saw that I didn't, but I thought it was tediously boring. I like Martin Freeman, but I thought it was crap. Didn't laugh once.
Roll on Karl Pilkington's pilot.

It was better than I thought it would be.Martin Freeman has a great comedy face for sure-I don't know if a series could be made from this, but if it can be pulled off it would be hit for sure.I thought the scenes with the coppers were great!

I wasn't over-impressed to be honest. I did think it got better toward the end, but overall I found it a bit disappointing and was bored to tears for the first 10-15 minutes.

Karl Pilkington has one coming up? Oh my God... bring it on!!

? Anyone read his new book? Is it as good as "The World of..."

So Rustle and Oliver (Welcome) agree with me.

I was just expecting so much more.

I thought this was quite good. Very good, distinctive characters with plenty of quirks. The laughs were spaced out but very funny when they came. I would definitely like to see a series and I think there is plenty of directions he could go in this: trying to get back into fame, being on a celeb show, having a stalker/admirer...

I could see a few, lets say homages, to other sitcoms in it. The throwing the book at the victim in court was very Arrested Development, and the getting the lipstick and chain from the policemen was very Austin Powers but still a good deal of originality in it too.