How many sketches do you write per week?

Yeah, so how many?

I think I'm going to nail about 6 complete ones this week. I would like to do more, but I simply don't have enough time.

On average about 0.19230769230769230769230769230769 sketches a week, according to my calculations.

Weird coincidence, my number is exactly the same as ContainsNuts.

Once a week, if I'm lucky.

Probably 3-4

About 1 a month. :)

I'm not all that sketchy.

I manage it about once a week, and usually quite a short one..

I get lots of ideas too and I note these down.

I also explore lots of premises, many in the hours of darkness, in my pants.. ;)

I've been a member since March... i have written 4 sketches... which makes half a sketch a month! So doing well then! Laughing out loud

Quote: EllieJP @ October 4, 2007, 5:01 PM

I've been a member since March... i have written 4 sketches... which makes half a sketch a month! So doing well then! Laughing out loud

Not at maths Laughing out loud

I tend to have bursts of inspiration and when I can be arsed I turn some of my stand up into sketches which is not very often.

I've only written 5 so far. I do enjoy writing them but there isn't much you can really do with them other than for ones own enjoyment. I've heard a few people talk about news review but that only seems to accept topical stuff not the off the wall strange sketches that I have read on this site that I think are very funny. Or am I missing something?

Quote: Dale Griffiths @ October 4, 2007, 6:07 PM

I've only written 5 so far. I do enjoy writing them but there isn't much you can really do with them other than for ones own enjoyment. I've heard a few people talk about news review but that only seems to accept topical stuff not the off the wall strange sketches that I have read on this site that I think are very funny. Or am I missing something?

BBC radio did a comp recently for the the more off the wall type sketches and at least two BSG site members got their stuff accepted, including one of my colleagues in JunkMales. The show is going to air in October as I recall on BBC 7 (I think).

Possibly someone who remembers the name of the thread on here that had the details in will post a link???

We as JunkMales film our own sketches, in an amateur way, as well as we can on a limited budget.

Well it's better than sitting on your arse, unless you like sitting on it, of course! :)

Quote: ajp29 @ October 4, 2007, 5:41 PM

Not at maths Laughing out loud

I tend to have bursts of inspiration and when I can be arsed I turn some of my stand up into sketches which is not very often.

I'm tired leave me alone!!!! :(

None. I have only ever written one sketch ever – and that was probably shit. Why are people so fixated on them here?

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 4, 2007, 2:46 PM

I manage it about once a week, and usually quite a short one..

But what about your sktches?

Mine vary a lot because I did a lot then I wrote loads of bollox on this site then I wrote some sitcoms then I wrote a drama then I wrote some more bollox then Iwrote a couple of plays - then I wrote one more sketch!

I tend to go for long form: novels / screenplays / pilots. I only do sketches as they pop into the noggin. I never worry about the 'next' sketch coz I'm too busy trying to cockup the few sketch ideas I do get.

:)