The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 57

Quote: Mike T @ November 8 2009, 10:21 PM GMT

upon watching MOTD I see that it was infact 10 men behind the ball in the last 10 minutes.

everyone agrees utd were the better team, and lets not forget:

terry fouling valencia
"foul" on cole wasnt a foul
rooney wasnt offside on 1-1
drogba fouls brown in box
drogba in van da sars line of vision

yet you c**ts are the first to complain about 6 minutes rightly added on when owen scores against city

Laughing out loud

There's nothing like a Manchester United fan in a tizzy after losing!

Quote: Moonstone @ November 8 2009, 7:58 PM GMT

Yup. Positive.

"teams pathetic performance"
explain why its "team's" I'm dying to know how you reached that conclusion

Quote: Mike T @ November 8 2009, 10:23 PM GMT

It's basic punctuation. You were talking a single team and their "pathetic performance". Hence the possessive of a single team is "team's". If you were (which you didn't appear to be) referring to more than one team having shown a pathetic performance then it would have been "teams'". It's certainly not "teams" either way. :)

Quote: Mike T @ November 8 2009, 10:23 PM GMT

Well the 'pathetic performance' belongs to the team. So you use a possessive apostrophe. Surely?

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 8 2009, 10:28 PM GMT

It's basic punctuation. You were talking a single team and their "pathetic performance". Hence the possessive of a single team is "team's".

maybe I was asleep when that was taught in school but from what I remember team's would be short for "team is"

oh

i appear to be wrong :D
well ok then.. my apologies

utd still deserved to win though

Quote: Mike T @ November 8 2009, 6:21 PM GMT

sorry captain grammar..

btw I hope you're impressed with your teams pathetic display today. 1-0 at home and 9 men behind the ball, 3 of which were dedicated to marking rooney. and as for "on form" drogba...

Ha ha!

Will Rooney and Ferguson never learn?

By the way I don't think you've anything to worry about him joining Barcelona. He will never learn another language. He can barely speak English. It would be another case of Ian Rush. :)

Quote: Mike T @ November 8 2009, 10:21 PM GMT

upon watching MOTD I see that it was infact 10 men behind the ball in the last 10 minutes.

everyone agrees utd were the better team, and lets not forget:

terry fouling valencia
"foul" on cole wasnt a foul
rooney wasnt offside on 1-1
drogba fouls brown in box
drogba in van da sars line of vision

yet you c**ts are the first to complain about 6 minutes rightly added on when owen scores against city

Love it! Laughing out loud

Quote: Mike T @ November 8 2009, 10:32 PM GMT

maybe I was asleep when that was taught in school but from what I remember team's would be short for "team is"

Lucky Aaron never looks at this thread!

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Did you never learn English?

If Mr Chapman feels the need to say that Manchester United have referees on there side again, then that is shocking. It ruined my weekend in centre parks. Key decisions the referee's got wrong:
1. Terry's foul on Valencia- should have been a penalty
2. Darren Fletcher won the ball in the tackle that led up to the goal
3. Drogba fouled Wes Brown in the lead up to the goal
4. Drogba was interferring with play during the goal in an offside position
5. Five added minutes were added. A forty five second Chelsea substitution was made by Chelsea replacing Anelka with Alex. This time wasn't added on.

United deserved at least a point yesterday. But Chelsea are a good team, accept for Drogba, Ballack and Carvalho who are cheating and moaning c**ts.
But a definate underated player- Ivanovic.

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 9 2009, 6:26 PM GMT

If Mr Chapman feels the need to say that Manchester United have referees on there side again, then that is shocking. It ruined my weekend in centre parks. Key decisions the referee's got wrong:
5. Five added minutes were added. A forty five second Chelsea substitution was made by Chelsea replacing Anelka with Alex. This time wasn't added on.

United deserved at least a point yesterday. But Chelsea are a good team, accept for Drogba, Ballack and Carvalho who are cheating and moaning c**ts.
But a definate underated player- Ivanovic.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Incidentally I didn't watch the game and only knew the result at about 9 o'clock - oh but what a result!!!!

:)

Both Chelsea and Manu should receive medals for 'best at obtaining stupidly large financial backing'. Really, they deserve that at least.

I remember when football was about football *grumble*

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 9 2009, 6:26 PM GMT

Quote: Chappers @ November 9 2009, 6:30 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Incidentally I didn't watch the game and only knew the result at about 9 o'clock - oh but what a result!!!!

:)

atleast Terry missed when it really counted Cool

and you need more then a 5 point gap with the cup of nations approaching..

Quote: Mike T @ November 9 2009, 7:44 PM GMT

atleast Terry missed when it really counted Cool

and you need more then a 5 point gap with the cup of nations approaching..

Do you mean Africa?

We'll just buy half a dozen new players!

Well that's a laugh isn't it. Martin Atkinson (that tosser who refereed the United and Chelsea match) has a Wikipedia page and look what the first sentance says- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Atkinson

I saw quite the opposite of that yesterday.

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 9 2009, 10:38 PM GMT

Well that's a laugh isn't it. Martin Atkinson (that tosser who refereed the United and Chelsea match) has a Wikipedia page and look what the first sentance says- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Atkinson

I saw quite the opposite of that yesterday.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Jack Massey @ November 9 2009, 10:38 PM GMT

I'd be deeply troubled if I started to bother looking-up referees on the internet... Errr