Howdy

Hello there you.

I'm Lee, and the truth is I have never really done any writing before, but just recently it's something I decided to have a go at doing. I had a good idea for a sitcom and had some characters in my head and went on from there really.

I found this forum Googling where I could send it (I have virtually finished it already, and found the whole experience really enjoyable). I found I could send it to the BBC Writers Room, but the rest seem to require an agent (or so it would appear).

I suppose I have registered to hopefully get some good advice, read some funny stuff, and to hopefully expand on my limited knowledge in this area (which basically consists of me typing things into Google, such as 'When writing a Sitcom, what does Int/Ext mean?').

Anyway, I am here now - so I might as well press the 'Post Thread' button below.

There. I did it. Wave

Welcome Lee, you will henceforth be known as CMB, Chicken, Basketcase (depending on your actions) or Meetbag (in jest of course). Stay a while... put your feet up.

Hello. Wave

Hello from a fellow Lee. Wave

Welcome.

If looking for somewhere to send a sitcom script you might want to look at the First Look thread.

You on commission, Timbo? Rolling eyes (Glad someone is.)

Welcome, Lee, and much greetingness to you. Wave

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 27 2009, 11:39 PM BST

You on commission, Timbo? Rolling eyes

No, I am just hoping that if I persuade enough people to sign up Jan will stop sending me e-mails...

Welcome aboard, pal. Pleased to meet you. :)

*curtsies*

Quote: Timbo @ October 27 2009, 11:44 PM BST

No, I am just hoping that if I persuade enough people to sign up Jan will stop sending me e-mails...

He's stopped sending me emails and I didn't have to recruit a single person.

Yes, well obviously he can spot the no-hopers...

(I only want him to stop writing because it makes me feel guilty. If I could actually pull my finger out and finish a sitcom script I wasn't ashamed of, I probably would give First Look a go.)

Hello CMB I'm new here too and enjoying the forum....Maybe a bit too much!!
(Browsing through some of the older threads makes for some interesting reading and gives some good advice, you can also glean some good insight into the people and banter that keep it alive where other forums fail)

Welcome to the message board. :)

hey :D

Hello there! :)

Howdydo! Wave